Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Jackson

Hi,
    I applied for a CS guitar and I would like to know how much does custom shop guitars go for aprox. ? Or what is a reasonable price? I know, it depends on the spec. but if I order rather basic things how much would that cost? I'll list the spec. for the guitar I applied for:

BODYConstructionNeck-Thru Guitar Construction OptionsNone Body DescriptionXtreme Rhoads Body WoodAlder Top Wood OptionsNone Body Binding (Front)None Body Binding (Back)None Other Body OptionsNone Body ScallopingNone [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]NECKNeck DescriptionJackson Style HeadstockRegular Neck WoodQuartersawn Maple Neck OptionThree Piece (No Scarf Joint) Fingerboard WoodEbony Fingerboard Inlays (Mother of Pearl except where noted)Sharkfin - Colored Fingerboard Inlay OptionsAbalone binded Nut WidthGuitar: 1 5/8" Butt WidthGuitar: 2 1/4" Scale LengthGuitar: 25.5" Number of FretsGuitar: 24 Fret WireJumbo Fret ScallopsNone Neck and Head BindingNeck and Headstock Neck and Head Binding ColorBronze Neck and Head Binding OptionsNone Neck Back ShapeStandard - like SL-1 [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]PARTSBridgeOriginal Floyd Rose Bridge Recess (Floyd Rose bridges only)Standard Tremolo Recess NutLocking Jack LocationSide of Body Jack TypeStrat Style Strap ButtonsSchaller TunersSchaller Hardware ColorSatin Chrome KnobsMetal Dome Pickguard and Control MountingNo PG - Rear-loaded Controls Battery CavityNone Truss Rod CoverEngraved with initials (specify below) CONTROLSPickup Route2 HUM Pickup BezelsBronze Active ElectronicsDuncan GEQ-1 Covered PickupNo Pickup Options (specify precise model desired below)Seymour Duncan (most models) Volume Control KnobsOne Tone Control KnobsOne Knob OptionsMetal Dome Other ControlsNone Pickup Selector3-Way Toggle Other SwitchesNone [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]FINISHColor / FinishUnsealed Satin Black Finish Options (for solid-color Rhoads, Kelly, and King V only)Bronze Painted Bevels Neck FinishPainted Neck Pickup FinishNone Headstock TypeStandard Headstock ColorMatch Body Color Headstock OptionsCustom Block Lettering under logo Logo ColorBronze CaseMost G&G Cases [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]OTHER
    COMMENTS
    Pickups are Neck p/u: Seymour Duncan Jazz Bridge p/u: Seymour Duncan Dimebucker

That's basically it. My dealer gave a quote of around $4881 for almost the same spec. but with pearloid binding and EMG pickups which is to me way expensive (tax is not included), it would be like $5759 incl. tax (I'm in Europe currently therefore they got 18% value added tax here) I think that's alot even for a custom Jackson. What do you guys think?

Originally posted by Prophetian View Post
    That's basically it.

Now this is what I call basic! :ROTF:

BODYConstructionNeck-Thru Guitar Construction OptionsNone Body DescriptionXtreme Rhoads Body WoodAlder Top Wood OptionsNone Body Binding (Front)None Body Binding (Back)None Other Body OptionsNone Body ScallopingNone [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]NECKNeck DescriptionJackson Style HeadstockRegular Neck WoodQuartersawn Maple Neck OptionThree Piece (No Scarf Joint) Fingerboard WoodEbony Fingerboard Inlays (Mother of Pearl except where noted)Sharkfin - Colored Fingerboard Inlay OptionsAbalone binded Nut WidthGuitar: 1 5/8" Butt WidthGuitar: 2 1/4" Scale LengthGuitar: 25.5" Number of FretsGuitar: 24 Fret WireJumbo Fret ScallopsNone Neck and Head BindingNeck and Headstock Neck and Head Binding ColorBronze Neck and Head Binding OptionsNone Neck Back ShapeStandard - like SL-1 [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]PARTSBridgeOriginal Floyd Rose Bridge Recess (Floyd Rose bridges only)Standard Tremolo Recess NutLocking Jack LocationSide of Body Jack TypeStrat Style Strap ButtonsSchaller TunersSchaller Hardware ColorSatin Chrome KnobsMetal Dome Pickguard and Control MountingNo PG - Rear-loaded Controls Battery CavityNone Truss Rod CoverEngraved with initials (specify below) CONTROLSPickup Route2 HUM Pickup BezelsBronze Active ElectronicsDuncan GEQ-1 Covered PickupNo Pickup Options (specify precise model desired below)Seymour Duncan (most models) Volume Control KnobsOne Tone Control KnobsOne Knob OptionsMetal Dome Other ControlsNone Pickup Selector3-Way Toggle Other SwitchesNone [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]FINISHColor / FinishUnsealed Satin Black Finish Options (for solid-color Rhoads, Kelly, and King V only)Bronze Painted Bevels Neck FinishPainted Neck Pickup FinishNone Headstock TypeStandard Headstock ColorMatch Body Color Headstock OptionsCustom Block Lettering under logo Logo ColorBronze CaseMost G&G Cases [IMG]file:///C:/images/spacer.gif[/IMG]OTHER
    COMMENTS
    Pickups are Neck p/u: Seymour Duncan Jazz Bridge p/u: Seymour Duncan Dimebucker
    Check my bands!
    www.myspace.com/magicktr
    www.myspace.com/sinif64
    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

lo0l, it was in a table but don't know what happened to that organised table :P~
      It's basically nekc-thru alder king rhoads 6 string guitar
      3p maple neck, ebony fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets, bronze colored abalone binded MOP sharkfin inlays, bronze painted bevels, unsealed satin black finish, schaller tuners, floyd rose, 2 hum duncans. Hardware color is chrome or satin chrome.

Comment

lo0l, it was in a table but don't know what happened to that organised table :P~
        It's basically nekc-thru alder king rhoads 6 string guitar
        3p maple neck, ebony fingerboard, 24 jumbo frets, bronze colored abalone binded MOP sharkfin inlays, bronze painted bevels, unsealed satin black finish, schaller tuners, floyd rose, 2 hum duncans. Hardware color is chrome or satin chrome.
        Just to make sure you don´t make a fatal mistake: Xtreme RHoads (as spec´ed)and King Rhoads (as mentioned) are 2 different body shapes. Xtrrs are smaller than standard rhoads, King Rhoads are the same size but have cutouts

Comment

Aha! didn't know that, thought they were the same! Anyone have an idea about CS prices? I thought they were around $2500-$3500 (that is for standard stuff, no graphics .. etc

Comment

Yeah, that's about right. There's a rumoured price increase on the way (or maybe already here) though....
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Well there's a whole lot of pricey options...

3pc neck - upcharge to basic cost
              bronze colour for MOP - upcharge,
              abalone binding for inlays - upcharge.
              active electronics - upcharge
              custom binding color - upcharge
              block lettering - upcharge
              engraved truss rod cover - upcharge
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

These are new, the first custom form was a bit simpler than this one and I got that price for it! I sent that same quote for ESP and Amfisound guitars (they build custom guitars) and so far I got a quote of $3600 from Amfisound which is a good price and in the normal range. I'm still waiting for Jackson and ESP quote. Btw, how long does it take to get ur quote? I mean I applied for one in June or July and got the quote few weeks ago! If it takes them 4 months to get me a quote, how long would they take to build the guitar? ESP built my custom guitar in 4 months!

Comment

Some dude in a basement may build you a custom guitar in a month

I mean if some companies or divisions of some company have a label "Custom Shop" this doesn't mean that they build the guitars of the same level.
                  Because I don't say it

Comment

Having said that I have to admit that for J/C CS the NAMM orders have and absolute priority over any other orders and USA orders have in general priority over European orders. Pricing for Europe is higher (due to shipping expenses and just because) as well. Also J/C CS has too many requests than it can fulfill, so the queue for order processing becomes longer and the prices are growing each year.

Amfisound certainly is not that popular and ESP are Japaneese and pretty much equally commited to Europe and USA.
                    Because I don't say it

Comment

You're right, Amfisound is no popular, in fact I didn't even know they exsist until my fav band members got custom guitars from them and I checked them out, they're really good (www.amfisound.fi) they do crazy stuff. Is it worth waiting for a whole year or even more to get a custom guitar when someone else can do it in 4-6 months?

Comment

Depends 100% on how good the guy that´s doing it in 4-6 months is

Comment

yeah, exactly! I mean my custom ESP was just perfect, it was even greater than I ever expected but it had a problem with the finish. I talked to them and they asked my dealer to send it back to Japan so they would fix it and send it back free of charge!
                          check the pictures out:

Comment

that is a SWEET ESP!!!!! dang.....i dig that a lot!!!!
                            GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You might also consider getting a quote from Ran Guitars

They are a custom luthier in Poland.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X