No announcement yet.

USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dunno, I don't care much about unique look and stuff... I mean I would never order a custom guitar if not for some tone/playability options I cannot find in regular production. I may add some "visual" specs to make it look custom, but it's not the goal... But for sure I know some people just love the idea that the guita is built for them personally, that it's one of a kind and/or has some cool artwork (inlays, binding, graphics, etching whatever ). Never understood it. I guess I'm a bit boring person For me the guitar is an instrument, a tool. Like a mobile phone is a device to talk, so all that multimedia bells and whistles make no sense to pay so much for them.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

well, you're right again! But I figured if I'm gonna pay for something that I would keep for the rest of my life why not make it look good as long as it has a good quality and playability. Playiability comes first, I mean after all it's a GUITAR so you're suppose to play it not justkeeping it in it's case!
      You're not boring, probably old school which is not something bad actually, but as you said if it's custom it has to show at least that it is a custom =]

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-25-2008, 01:30 AM.
        Just a guitar player...

Comment

I meant perfect compared to what I had in mind, I'm not 100% satisfied with it because of that problem which is really due to the fact that it had pearloid bevels and the finish was unsealed thin satin black, but they're fixing it.
          RacerX ... ever ordered from Ranguitars? I've never heard of them but I checked their website, the prices are interesting =p~
          Oh well, I'm still waiting for my Jackson quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Prophetian View Post
            something that I would keep for the rest of my life
            That's what I never take for granted about the guitars And the one thing about posh finishes is that the guitar HAS to be abused. I wll sweat over it live, I will scratch it's back with belt bucket, I may occassionaly spill my drink over it. In case of Rhoads I'm for sure gonna hit any corner available with the upper wing. It's just inevitable on tiny club scene or rehersal studio.
            Because I don't say it

Comment

@@ how cruel :P~
              I worship my guitars! I would never do such things to it. A guitar is the best friend you could ever have, at least to me it is :P~
              Let's not forget about the money that I've paid/or going to pay for the custom guitar.

Comment

Wow . ESP did a very good job except for the finish like you mentioned. It looks like they didn't seal the wood before they sprayed the black finish on. Very nice though.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

that esp really does look amazing

love the bevels

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal65 View Post
                    Wow . ESP did a very good job except for the finish like you mentioned. It looks like they didn't seal the wood before they sprayed the black finish on. Very nice though.
                    That's because I asked for that unsealed satin finish but didn't know that a line would appear, therefore I'm changing the finish to sealed satin black.

Comment

and the finish was unsealed thin satin black, but they're fixing it.
                      That's the way it's supposed to look. A matte satin finish is sealed... it's just not buffed out glossy. Play it long enough, and it will get glossy over time from your arm and clothes rubbing on it. If you want a clear high gloss over it to begin with, then it's not satin.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I think it looks great with the satin finish.

If you didn't want a satin finish, why ask for one?

Comment

Wow that's a nice ESP. Why did you go with pearloid bevels and binding? MOP would look much better imo.

Comment

I did want an unsealed satin black finish but didn't know there would be a line between the body and the pearloid bevels.

Nazgul, I thought that pearloid was the same as MOP since they share the same word "pearl" :P~

Comment

Nazgul, I thought that pearloid was the same as MOP since they share the same word "pearl" :P~
                              Now you know it's not. Everything with suffix -oid is fake . Will they replace binding and bevels to MOP or will they just fix those lines? Anyway, it's a great guitar!

Comment

@@ how cruel :P~
                                I worship my guitars! I would never do such things to it. A guitar is the best friend you could ever have, at least to me it is :P~
                                Let's not forget about the money that I've paid/or going to pay for the custom guitar.

Well, here's Stevie Ray Vaughan's "Number One". His most cherished guitar.

Because I don't say it

Comment

Working...
                                X