USA Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Prophetian View Post
    I did want an unsealed satin black finish but didn't know there would be a line between the body and the pearloid bevels.
    You still don't seem to know what satin is. Satin is a finish that seals and provides protection. If it were unfinished, it would be raw and have an oil finish on it.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

So, MOP is the real sh*t! lol
      I do know how a satin finish look like because my friend has a guitar with a satin finish and my dealer also showed me one of the guitars they have with satin finish, but that's what ESP called it, unsealed satin black finish!
      So, what is exactly MOP's material? Real pearl?!

Comment

Someone at ESP doesn't know what they're talking about then. Seems like you're looking for a darker satin finish instead of them using a satin stain that brings out the wood grain (look at the Gibson "Faded" series that shows the woodgrain like yours). It's still a sealed finish either way. I think what they're considering "unsealed" is the fact that they're not using a high gloss clear coat, which would not be satin anyway.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
          Someone at ESP doesn't know what they're talking about then. Seems like you're looking for a darker satin finish instead of them using a satin stain that brings out the wood grain (look at the Gibson "Faded" series that shows the woodgrain like yours). It's still a sealed finish either way. I think what they're considering "unsealed" is the fact that they're not using a high gloss clear coat, which would not be satin anyway.
          They do know what they're talking about because I wanted the same finish I saw on an Ibanez I've seen in another store so I sent them pictures, plus I looked it up on Ibanez website and the finish was weathered black! I wanted to feel the grains that's why they did that. They sent me samples, satin and gloss and I've chosen the saint. The only thing they did wrong was not telling me that this problem will happen!

Comment

Working...
          X