Jackson DK-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DK-1

Hi. Just got a 1997 DK-1 with the H/S/S setup in Tobacco Sunburst finish.

Just wondering what the mai difference beside the EMG's and 24 fret neck is, compared to the nowaday DK's. Is there any improvement otherwise?

Got this, because I'm not a big fan of EMG's, and have been looking at a SL-1 for a long time, but this finish kicks the ass of any SL's i've seen so far.

Any info on these would be nice too, as it is not that easy to find on the net, for these older DK's.

Off the top of my head, the trans finishes on the new guitars are over flame, not quilt.

From what I recall the neck profiles are pretty similar, and other than obvious stuff like gold hardware, I'm not too sure. Can't remember what the body woods are.....
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

Thank
      Anyone else?

Comment

Neilli essentially got it, the only real differences are the EMGs, 24 fret neck, flame top and non-gold hardware. Body wood is (should be) alder on both.

The EMGs and 24 fret neck are the main reasons I´m not interested in the new ones, btw

Comment

I also have a '97 DK-1 in Dark Metallic Red. It is a great guitar! I perfer these older DKs over the new 24 fret EMG models. I like the SSH 22 frets and I am always watching ebay to see if I can score another one.
          Jackson: DK1
          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

IIRC, the mid-90s DK1s had poplar bodies, not alder.

The current ones are alder.

Comment

[quote=Slashaxl;821413]Hi. Just got a 1997 DK-1 with the H/S/S setup in Tobacco Sunburst finish.

Just wondering what the mai difference beside the EMG's and 24 fret neck is, compared to the nowaday DK's. Is there any improvement otherwise?

Got this, because I'm not a big fan of EMG's, and have been looking at a SL-1 for a long time, but this finish kicks the ass of any SL's i've seen so far.

Any info on these would be nice too, as it is not that easy to find on the net, for these older DK's.[/quote

did you get that off ebay? see my post elsewhere. is it yours now?if so, congrats!
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Yes. Thanks The same type of guitar as you askes who got inanother tread here.
                Don't know if it is the exact same guitar but, it looks just like it.
                Got it from ebay, at a price I think you people in here would think is way to much Love the guitar by the way... My third USA Jackson, and just as excellent as I expected

Comment

My Jackson is a black 1998 DK-1. I was told it was poplar also (body wood). I agree,,,I just love this guitar.

Comment

Working...
                  X