Waiting Time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting Time?

I'm currently in the process of trying to track down a shop in Canada or the U.S. with a lightning sky RR1T in stock an attempt to bypass the wait associated with placing an order for one, as I have been informed that none are ready to ship from Jackson. However, I expect that I will end up ordering one and was wondering if anyone could tell me, from experience, what kind of wait time I should expect? Thanks.

I orderred my KV2T July 14th and got her on Nov 16th. I'm told that was a pretty short wait tho.
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Last edited by texasfury; 09-25-2008, 01:29 AM.
      Just a guitar player...

Comment

lol....orderred and recieved in 2006...
        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Comment

We should have a sticky "waiting time" thread
          Check my bands!
          www.myspace.com/magicktr
          www.myspace.com/sinif64
          www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
            We should have a sticky "waiting time" thread
            That would be a good tool to track waiting times for various Custom Shop and USA Select build time averages. Hmmmmmm...

Comment

it's between 12-36 months depending on the number of rebuilds required.
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                :ROTF: Ouch... sad bad true.
                -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                  I would expect this to be true for a custom shop guitar, but for a select series model that's supposed to be readily available? Please tell me this is a mistake.

Comment

That's a joke. Isn't it?
                    Check my bands!
                    www.myspace.com/magicktr
                    www.myspace.com/sinif64
                    www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrimanius View Post
                      I would expect this to be true for a custom shop guitar, but for a select series model that's supposed to be readily available? Please tell me this is a mistake.
                      USA Select are basically a "bigger batch Custom Shop". They are built at the Custom Shop anyway. But compared to mass production it is still relatively small batch production. If you place an order on RR1T and say the last batch of RR1T's left the factory just a week before, you will have to wait, until the next batch will go into poiduction.
                      Because I don't say it
                      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

So it looks like I'll have to choose between signing up for a potentially long wait and spending a small fortune on long distance to keep trying to track down someone with one in stock. If I was paying for the guitar myself, I would simply get one in another finish. However, since my insurance is replacing my RR1T that was stolen and will waive my deductible if my claim exceeds a certain value, I certainly don't want to settle for something of a lesser value and the lightning sky is the only graphic finish I like. I saw a lightning sky KV2T on ebay, but it's just not the same without the sharkfin inlays.

Thanks for the assistance.

Comment

I believe I just saw this model today at Good N Loud music ( west location) here in Madison Wisconsin . Roughly $1200-$1400 price range possibly if my memory serves correct. I cant recall if it had Duncans or EMGs either.
                          But it did have the lightning sky graphic forsure. I was just checking it out to see how the size of the body shape was, so all the details are abit foggy.

Looked new but had some scratchs on the pickguard.

heres the stores info if you want to ring them up

Comment

Originally posted by Ahrimanius View Post
                            I saw a lightning sky KV2T on ebay, but it's just not the same without the sharkfin inlays.
                            +1
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post

Looked new but had some scratchs on the pickguard.
                              :ROTF:

You do realize it's made of brushed aluminum, so it's supposed to be scratched up?

And your wait time for a USA Select RR-1 of any kind will be roughly twice as long as a Custom Shop wait because everyone and their mother wants a Rhoads. Take what you can find and be happy.
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X