Used SL2H price check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Used SL2H price check?

Found a used SL2H at the local GC (gasp!) that I fell in love with. Looks like it was barely played and is black with the blue and purple ghost flames. They wanted $1599 but got them to $1400 + tax. Haven't decided yet if I want to pull the trigger. It's in practically new condition although I'm sure I could get one for a few bucks less if I wait it out. Damn GAS!

What do you guys think? A little bit high compared to ebay prices, but it's a hands-on deal vs buying sight unseen. Plays like butter and is freaking immaculate.
    Last edited by dmtnt; 11-26-2006, 05:02 PM.

Not a bad deal with the graphics upgrade finish. Pretty good deal I think
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

IMO that's a fair deal.

Comment

Very cool, thanks a lot guys. Think I may go for it.

My wife told me I can buy it but not play it until Christmas

Comment

$1,400 is not bad at all for that guitar if it's mint. I have a Tele under the tree so I know how bad it sucks to wait till Christmas for a new axe...

Comment

Make sure they include the case.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Make sure they include the case.
              Yep, case and all candy included.

Comment

Are you sure it's black? Sounds like a blue ghost flame since you describe it with blue and purple flames. If so, it would have a dark metallic blue body if it were a production model. And for what it's worth, I paid $1400 for mine new with that graphic, a case and shipped to my door. Sounds like a fair price if it's mint but you may be able to do a little better considering it's GC. Good luck.

Comment

can you haggle Guitar center of what and if you can is it only used guitars cuz i want a gibby explorer and 1059 is a little steep seeing as they want tax too
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnnyryche View Post
                    Are you sure it's black? Sounds like a blue ghost flame since you describe it with blue and purple flames. If so, it would have a dark metallic blue body if it were a production model.
                    Or it may be black ghost flames... the flames on that one look bluish/purple, too.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah that is Black Ghost Flames for sure - decent price, chew em down dude...you can do it!

Comment

Originally posted by RemCarr View Post
                        Yeah that is Black Ghost Flames for sure - decent price, chew em down dude...you can do it!
                        You're right, it's the black ghost flames not blue.

It's mine! Put $100 on it today but can't pick it up until Sunday as it's on "police hold". Tried getting them to go a bit lower but $1400 was the lowest they'd go. I did get 0% 18-month financing. My money market is at 5.25% now so I'll earn almost $100 just leaving the cash in there.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                          can you haggle Guitar center of what and if you can is it only used guitars cuz i want a gibby explorer and 1059 is a little steep seeing as they want tax too
                          Everything is negotiable. New or used... doesn't matter.
                          I have yet to pay "sticker" price on anything in a music shop... that includes strings and picks. I'm a cheap bastard and having worked in guitar shops for many years, I know that everything is fair game.
                          Last edited by rjohnstone; 11-27-2006, 03:45 PM.
                          -Rick

Comment

If it's on police hold that means it's used, right?

Comment

From Guitar Center that is a pretty good deal. Yes, "police hold" means someone sold to them as what they call a "street-buy" is just when they buy used gear. All it means is they have to clear it with the cops and make sure it isn't stolen before being able to sell it to you. You may be able to do better though because if they want $1,400 I garrantee you they paid $700 for it as they pay half of what the used price is for used gear and then sell for 100% book value.

Originally posted by kelly user View Post

I used to work at Guitar Center and if you are persistant and as long as it is a reasonable offer they will give you the deal. They try not to, but they buy shit so cheap cause they get it in bulk they still make profit anyway...Plus when they buy a used piece of gear they only pay 1/2 of the market price, so if it is used and they ask $1,000 they gave the sucker $500, so you have quite a bit of room to work with.
                              Last edited by KLNowak; 11-27-2006, 10:00 PM.
                              I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

Working...
                              X