Jackson Serial Number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Serial Number

Hey guys: what line had a serial number of J00####. I can't find anything on this. It could be a U but still, that would be one extra digit for that.

thanks

joe...
    www.godwentpunk.com
    www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

not absolutely certain, but didn't they use that for the import Soloist Pros?
    Hail yesterday

Comment

The whole neckthrough PRO series...

That ser# would be a 90-91 n/t PRO series
      Last edited by RacerX; 11-29-2006, 11:32 PM.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

yea? Fusion Pros too?
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Shaddup, you

Comment

Try Henrik's site http://www.audiozone.dk
            I feel festive all year round. Deal with it.

Comment

The Jackson Pro guitars from the 1990 - 1995 Professional Series, which are neck-thrus, have a 7 digit serial stamped on the last blind fret of the fingerboard (except for the Stealth Pro and + Fusion Pro which are bolt-ons and have a six digit serial engraved on the neck plate). (http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/proc...n.htm#protable)

This serial tells you what year the guitar was build. When Kevin Easton was at AMIC, he could even date the guitar (month) from looking at the serial, but I'm not so sure if that really could be done. Working on that....

Here's a couple of examples that shows the syntax:
              J 303045 = 1993 Japan
              J 001020 = 1990 Japan

J is for Japan.
              The first number after the J designate the x in 199x.
              Last edited by jackson1; 11-30-2006, 06:04 AM.
              Henrik
              AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Shaddup, you
                nice edit
                Hail yesterday

Comment

Went to the Henrik's site http://www.audiozone.dk and was able to find out a little more. The guitar appears to be a Japanese only market Grover Jackson guitar. The catalog scan from 1993 has the same headstock detail as the one I'm looking at.

So, I know the Grover Jackson line turned into Jackson stars but does anyone know where I can find out more on the Gover Jackson line.

thanks!

joe...
                  www.godwentpunk.com
                  www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I think Quantum Rider made a thread in here a while back about the history of the Grover Jackson brand line.

Basically they were identical to the Pro lines that were made available everywhere outside of Japan (US, UK, etc), and eventually had counterparts to all the other "import" lines we had here - Performer, etc etc.

Built by the same people that built the early Pros and Charvel Model models, so the quality is generally unquestionable.

I was informed once by an anonymous but reliable source that some of the JacksonStars models are/were made in the Ontario facility and finished in Japan, and others were made in Japan and finished in the Ontario facility (obviously this was pre-Fender). I've seen pictures of a few Grover Jackson models that said "GroverJackson USA" on the head (Marty Friedman's Firebird, for one).
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

one more question about s/n
                      What's the serial number on Custom shop guitars which was build between 86-89 years? After spring 1990 all CS Jackson guitars have J**** number, what's number was before on CS guitars?
                      Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonRR View Post
                        one more question about s/n
                        What's the serial number on Custom shop guitars which was build between 86-89 years? After spring 1990 all CS Jackson guitars have J**** number, what's number was before on CS guitars?
                        Thanks.

J did and still denotes any neck through Custom except for a Rhoads. Rhoads neck through Customs did and still carry the RR denotation. There have been "accidents" where a Rhoads went out with a J serial.
                        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                        Gotta get away from here.
                        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yep, accidents do happen. Some custom shop Rhoads' have serial numbers are that are actually earlier than their build date if you go by the common chart they had up on the website

Rudy
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

...which is here:

Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                              J did and still denotes any neck through Custom except for a Rhoads. Rhoads neck through Customs did and still carry the RR denotation. There have been "accidents" where a Rhoads went out with a J serial.
                              Thanks, ok if we have J**** denotes for CS Jackson, what's number were on regular USA select line in 1989 Ontario era ?

Comment

Working...
                              X