Gary Moore Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Moore Soloist

serial J3638, S-H '87 Soloist, signed and pictured in the 89 After The War tourbook

I got a copy of the WO, but I would be very interested to see if anyone has any live pics of him using this one

There was a link to video posted a while back in the artists and gear section that had him with a guitar like that in it.

Comment

wow!! cool!! Such a great guitarist...who says you can't play blues on a superstrat?

Comment

Nice! I couldn't help but notice how the low E as well as the high E are way "in" the fretboard. Guess you'd have a hard time fretting out on this guitar even if you tried, huh?!
        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Originally posted by sonicsamurai View Post
          wow!! cool!! Such a great guitarist...who says you can't play blues on a superstrat?
          Actually, once he went the blues route, he dropped all the J/Cs. It's all LPs and Strats since "Still Got The Blues". According to a Nov. 90 GW interview anyway. And, yes, I still have the issue -lol. The wife doesn't understand keeping 15-20 year old mags but she doesn't understand a lot of things
          Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

a copy of the tourbook page

Comment

a pic of it beeing on display

Comment

Very nice! My favourite combinations - white soloist and H/S config!

Comment

Originally posted by jwoods986 View Post
                  Actually, once he went the blues route, he dropped all the J/Cs. It's all LPs and Strats since "Still Got The Blues". According to a Nov. 90 GW interview anyway. And, yes, I still have the issue -lol. The wife doesn't understand keeping 15-20 year old mags but she doesn't understand a lot of things

Where's the one on the top left of the book???

Charvel: Model1, 2 & 5, Surfcaster 12
                  Jackson: DK2, JRS-2, Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                    Very nice! My favourite combinations - white soloist and H/S config!

I was thinking the same. I'd like one just like it.

Comment

Congrats Peter!!! Awesome Score!!!

Comment

pebber , my guess ... you get this from rob witte ?

I ask because j3638 is my old guitar...
                        funny you have it as I was told he was never going to sell it ??? was never contacted saying it was available...,especially after having inquired twice about getting it back from him last year.
                        oh well

without digging through my work orders and if memory serves me,
                        8-10 h/s ,white w/plat sparkle, soloists were built for gary.
                        J3630-3640? or J3632-J3642 ?
                        again would have to do some digging for correct numbers and serials.

tim wilson said, 2 were his main guitars, and those had floyds.
                        gary did not like the jt-6 trem.
                        the other 6-8? were radio contest giveaways , all equipped with the jt-6.
                        J3638 was given away in milwaukee.
                        I vividly remember the contest and
                        I got it for next to nothing in '95 from the winner/ original owner who never laid hands on it.. sat under his bed..

I still have the factory warranty card that matches the actual w.o. with garys name on it.

there is no firm evidence j3638 was ever used by gary in his rotation live.
                        my firm understanding is this was a promo item.

my info leads me fully to believe that if actually used it was that night in milwaukee only and maybe for a song before it was autographed and given to the contest winnner.
                        there wasnt a mark on the guitar when I bought it, no picking marks , fret wear, buckle rash, no nothing.
                        the strings were definately factory and were corroded to the big time, so I changed them.
                        it came in a black jackson skb case.

I always liked the idea of the hum/single p'up config and regretted selling it to rob as I really liked the neck on it.
                        nice novelty item for sure... only reason I sold it is I am not into autographed guitars and couldnt see washing it off to play it.

Comment

John,

thanks for the inside info, does makes sense.

yes, I got it from Robert, as he posted an ad on the JGP a time back with a list of items for sale and he indicated that others were discussable as well.

Even without the Moore link, I probably would have taken it as it is a cool early ontario Soloist in my fav layout.

Peter

Comment

Here a vid for The Loner with a white Soloist. If you pause it at 2:04 or 3:49, it looks like it might have a JT-6. Hard to be 100% certain, but it looks like a chrome push-in bar & the fine tuners look right.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

wow a beauty, congrats!! I really like that s-h layout.
                              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
                              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Working...
                              X