Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting EVH-style Jackson?

Hi everyone,

New guy here in frozen Minnesota. This past weekend ran across an interesting Jackson #6227 bolt-on strat:

* White w/black striping EVH #1 style
    * Maple board, pointy (black) headstock, unfinished neck.
    * Non-recessed Jackson floyd, single humbucker, single volume knob, oval input jack
    * Plate is black reads "San Dimas" but I infer from the serial # it's an Ontario guitar. No "custom shop" insignia or markings, and there's no paperwork with the guitar.

Excellent condition. I was told it's 1 of 2, and the other is owned by Brian Goff, the gentleman who owns Bizarre Guitars. Tentative asking price in low $3K range. Is this that once-in-a-lifetime deal?

Appreciate all input,

Carl

Not aware of any EVH series with the pointy headstock. What color is the Charvel logo? #6227 I belive is a newer SN. Low 3k sounds kinda high to me

Comment

Brian gets some cool stuff, but anything from that era is essentialy a custom shop piece. $3K is way too much IMO.

Dave... he said it was a Jackson, not a Charvel.
      -Rick

Comment

Hi again,

It's a Jackson (not a Charvel) black headstock with white logo.

Carl

Comment

oops.... not an expert here but have never seen one of those either. Like rjohnstone states, probably a CS and if its worth 3k to you then buy it. But for that kind fo cake you could have a CS made to your specs

Comment

Sounds like a cool guitar. But $3k? NFW.

Comment

(laughing) Sorry didn't have a camera with me and chanced across it en route home. I'll get pictures next time I'm there.

I suspected the $3K price was a bit high, but didn't want to be missing something extraordinary.

Carl

Comment

Working...
              X