1985 rhoads, whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
    One of the keys to unlooking the potential of the Kahler is to use the strings designed for it. It makes a big difference...........
    and those would be?

Comment

SIT for Kahler bridges.......

Comment

GHS Reinforced Boomers work too. They come pre-soldered. I've ordered a bunch.
        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

i am a big fan of the floyd....and was in a similar predicament not too long ago with a white jackson(sn 1522) that had a kahler. i simply like floyds better, and was contemplating converting it. the cost of a re-fin, the floyd and installation was far too much(to me) so i ended up selling it back to the friend who found it for me.he liked it how it was and still does.

so do what you'd like. it can be done(has been many times) it'll be costly that's all.

Jay

Comment

Dont touch the guitar if you want to retain its value. My guess because it looks mint to me I bet it would sell between 1800-2200 on the bay. I think if it had a floyd originally you could add 2-4 hundred to that price. Just My Opinion

Comment

Or you could replace the Kahler trem with a Kahler fixed bridge like Mustaine did. I guess it all depends on how much you like using a tremelo ......
              I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

well, I think I will try the strings, I didnt know about those until now.

Comment

Those Rhoads with Kahlers are total crap. Most worthless guitars ever made. I'll give you $300 for it.

Seriously, that guitar should stay in tune fine. Go to www.kahlerusa.com and look around - there are all sorts of tips and maintenance steps to read.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom Hawk View Post
                    Or you could replace the Kahler trem with a Kahler fixed bridge like Mustaine did. I guess it all depends on how much you like using a tremelo ......
                    alternatively, you could just remove the whammy bar. I have a Model 4 with Kahler, and I don't have a trem arm for it. Tuning isn't a problem for me, but then I don't use the arm at all.
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

its not just the wammy that makes it go out. Just doing some bends and such on the b, and e will make those strings go out of tune. I am going to pick up some new strings for it tomorow, or maybe just some solder.

Comment

if just bending strings makes it go out of tune, I'd think maybe it was due for a service. Some new springs, and a good breakdown, cleaning & oiling.
                        Hail yesterday

Comment

It's probably got nothing to do with trem. Usually it's the nut end that's the issue. People always point the finger at Kahlers because they can't be prepared to learn. I guess most guitarists are just creatures of (lazy) habit. Having said that, why does everyone like Floyds when it takes so long to set them up in the first place?
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                            if just bending strings makes it go out of tune, I'd think maybe it was due for a service. Some new springs, and a good breakdown, cleaning & oiling.
                            Good point. If the bearings are gummed up, it may not be rolling back true.
                            I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

MOPAR and JACKSON = Great combo!

Comment

It's only worth what someone is willing to pay for it..:ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                                X