1985 rhoads, whats it worth?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1985 rhoads, whats it worth?

Hi, I have a 1985 rhoads, serial # rr1188 its white w/black hardware and a kahlar trem. Any idea what its value is? The guitar is in very good shape, couple nicks on the sharp edge of the guitar but thats about it.

My other question is, would having this guitar fitted with a floyd rose (done by a pro) make the guitar less valuable?
    I am not looking at selling the guitar, just curious if it is worth anything because it is kinda vintage now, and I dont want to kill the value of it.

heres the only pic I have, next to my others

Last edited by 69dodgecharger; 12-10-2006, 03:22 PM.

No idea on the value but I like your soloist.

Comment

Are ya sellin' it?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome to the board. Being the King of Cheap Guitars, I would have to say that "ANY" mod, particularly going from a Kahler to a Floyd, would lessen the value of the guitar considerably. Not only that, but the cost to do that mod would set you back a lot of money. Leave it alone.
        I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

na, im not selling it. The cost to convert it was $400 including the floyd. I just hate the bridge thats on it, never stays in tune.

Comment

its your guitar do as you please. no sense on having something on there that you don't want
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

If it's your "Player" than do the mod. But, it will diminish the value if you decide to sell. Why not take to the Tech and have him see why the Kahler won't stay in tune. If it's shot, just rebuild it or buy a new one.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                Good one, Ron!

Comment

Ron, Ron, Ron.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                    If it's your "Player" than do the mod. But, it will diminish the value if you decide to sell. Why not take to the Tech and have him see why the Kahler won't stay in tune. If it's shot, just rebuild it or buy a new one.
                    are they actually decent trems? This is the only guitar that I have played with one. Maybe this one is shot like you said.

Comment

Why not mess with it awhile? I have a Hondo with a Kahler Flyer trem. It was new for me. I just have to get the right hex key to adjust it. Go to the Kahler site. Don't give up.

Comment

those Kahlers are good trems and should stay in tune. Some people swear by the heavier springs and a good pro setup. I would tend to agree, plus the tech should be able to tell you if it's shot and needs a rebuild.
                        Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

Read here: http://www.glowingtubes.com/p/Kahler_Instructions.htm
                          The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Kahlers will definitely stay in tune if treated and maintained right
                            it's the only trem i play
                            what do you think why people like slayer playing these
                            BECAUSE THEY'RE GOOD

you will cut a big chunk of its vintage worth if you floyd it

Comment

One of the keys to unlooking the potential of the Kahler is to use the strings designed for it. It makes a big difference...........

Comment

Working...
                              X