Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Archtop Kelly - has it been done before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archtop Kelly - has it been done before?

Hey guys... as the title says. I'm real interested to see how a KE-2T style body (flat top without the bevels) would look with a carved top. Has any one heard of anyone doing this, for either a Kelly or even just any other Explorer type guitar? If you have, and could post some pics that would be awesome.

Cheers

Ed

There was a Rhoads that was the guitar of the month about 6 months ago that was an archtop, and I think it even had body binding. Maybe someone can find the thread because it never made it to the gallery...Imagin that?
    Have not seen an arch Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
      it never made it to the gallery...Imagin that?
      There are plenty of guitars that never made it to the gallery.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Wasn't the archtop Rhoads the one stuck as "Guitar of the Month" for ages before they updated it? [EDIT: Doh, I can't read]

Yeah that one wasn't quite to my taste, but it did get me thinking about the carved top kelly...

Comment

I'm thinking an archtop wouldn't go too well with a Kelly body. Just MHO.

Comment

Closest I know would be the archtop death angel (which actually looks quite nice IMO).
            http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Ah....I found it

Comment

I've actually been wondering about an archtop Star.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm getting a Archtop 7/8 downsized demon quoted currently

but yeah that "v" turned out great I love it

Comment

Working...
                  X