My new Jackson Strathead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My new Jackson Strathead

I put this in the USA Jackson section, since the neck is a USA Jackson. Plus, the body is a warmoth, who are licensed by Fender, and Fender owns Jackson. This baby went together almost perfectly. Neck pocket is tighter than a 12 year old back injury.

The recipe calls for one NOS, undrilled Jackson logoed, woodburn heel neck with vintage phenolic nut...a set of black Jackson tuners.....with warmoth black korina (5lbs+!!) hardtail body finished in candy tangerine.

Bring to boil...add Duncan Custom in the bridge, Duncan Classic Stack in the neck. Simmer, uncovered with 3 way switch and coil tap for single coil tones. Sprinkle with black Hipshot hardtail bridge and set aside for 10 minutes.

Makes one serving...enjoy.

Nice
    Love the finish.
    -Rick

Comment

Wow. Very cool.
      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

love it, great color and nice pku layout! Congrats
        www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
        My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Sorry, but I'm gonna have to confiscate that neck from you. Nothing I can do about it, just the way it is...

Coool!!
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

Comment

VERY nice!!

Question for you: Do you think I could have warmoth do a body EXACTLY like a U.S.A. Charvel/Jackson SD twin hum floyd? I have a maple/maple pointyhead neck that is sitting in a drawer waiting to go on a body!

I'd like it EXACT to the letter as an old sd body. Would they do that? reasonable $$?

Thanks

Comment

i'm a fan!

Comment

JZ...the first thing that sucks about a warmoth w/rear route is the enormous cavity route. It is simply way too big, and I don't think they offer any other route. Your best bet is Denny at Mojo Bodies, or maybe Musikraft or USACG.

Comment

Very nice configuration, perfect, except I would have placed the volume well out of the way. Very nice!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Nice!I like the simplicity of it and the color is badass......................
                      Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

very very nice. one of the nicest Jacksons I've ever seen actually.

but then I've always favored the Charvel strat look over the Jackson dinky look.
                        the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

Super Sweet!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-5BTQ8uU

Comment

I just love these strat heads.
                            Great guitar.
                            I keep hoping to find one on ebay in 1 5/8" or 1 11/16" with a 2 3/16 heal.

Comment

Neck pocket is tighter than a 12 year old back injury.
                              tighter than a 12-year old's WHAT? sorry, i was thinking about another "jackson"
                              "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                              The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                              X