Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

85 rhaods sounds different than newer jacksons, why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know it's fixed but you can also do the 18volt mod to get more sound.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
      I know it's fixed but you can also do the 18volt mod to get more sound.
      What will it make better?
      Is there any noticable difference?
      I know EMG says it better with 18volts than w/9v.

Comment

Easy way to check to see if the trem is really the problem. Unamplified, how much sustain does the guitar retain when strummed? If the strings ring on and on, I highly doubt that the trem would be the problem (at least that's been my experience).
        I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

And next time I post I should really read the ENTIRE thread first, as his problem had already been solved LOL.
          I live on the edge of danger facing life and death every single day.....then I leave her at home and go disarm bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by NextInLine View Post
            I like this thread and how you didn't miss the opportunity to bash kahlers

Sorry for acting like Ron but 2006 - 1985 = 21 :ROTF:
            lol, I better lay off the posting while partying!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

That's weird dude.... I have exactly the opposite problem. My '85 San Dimas Rhoads w/ EMG's totally destroys any of my other more recent Rhoads. I would side with Newc though on the jack issue. I have also had that problem sap tone unknowingly....

Comment

Nothing like a little brainstorming on a problem. No idea is too dumb. Glad you got it sorted out and welcome to the forum!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
                X