Transparent finishes question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transparent finishes question

I know that for the Transparent black, you get the back of the guitar and neck all black, right?

But, what about green red or blue?

Is is "solid" green, red or blue? Or is it a bit transparent so you can actually see the neck going through, or, for example, if the guitar had a 5 piece neck or whatever to show?

my trans black kelly is solid black on the back, my trans amber solist is translucent (spelling??) on the rear so you can see the different pices of wood.

Comment

I had a trans blue USA Kelly, and you could see through on the back too.
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If it's a custom - which is the only way you'll get a 5-piece neck - they'll do whatever you specify.

But for USA Selects, the trans green, red & blues have the same trans finishes on the backside.

Comment

I have a Kelly on the way that is a Trans blue quilt top with a solid blue (non trans) back

Comment

quakana, I bet that must be a custom shop one off or something right?

Comment

Hard to tell because its a 1998 U serial number....its string thru as well...maybe a prototype?

Comment

Yeah, I guess so.

So basically, if you get a Trans Green KV-2 for example, you will be able to see the woods in the back right?

Now, for the "multi-laminate" option, if you don't specify how many pieces of wood you want (like there's the 3 piece no scarf joint option) when you choose "multi-laminate", how many pieces of wood would you get? Anyone had their custom Jackson with a multilaminate neck without specifying the amount of pieces?

Comment

anyone...?

Comment

what about the back of it?

Comment

My 2006 Trans Red DK2 is solid dark red on the back. No flame or grain visible.

Comment

The dK2 is not a USA or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                          The dK2 is not a USA or is it?
                          DK2 is an import.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yep, so my guess is that a DK1 in transparent, will have the transparent back so you can actually see the grain, right?

Comment

Actually I´m fairly certain my trans black DK-1 also has a trans black back, but you can´t tell under most lighting conditions due to the faint grain structure of alder.

But I´ll take another look at home to make sure

Comment

Working...
                              X