Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, the transparent red maple flame jackson is done!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, the transparent red maple flame jackson is done!

I am STILL not a fan of flamed maple(this guitar is ENTIRELY flamed maple, NOT a flame top) but have to say, this guitar plays incredibly well. The kahler hybrid is ULTRA smooth(very easy tension to dive or pull up) and my tech did an A+++ job shielding the cavities, assembling everything with care, and his usual superb crown/level/polishing of the frets.

The old thread is a few pages off, but to those that don't know, I saved this guitar off ebay(it was plum crazy purple with a BEAT to death kahler) wanted to re-fin it pearl and add a hum, and while it was being stripped(props to marty bell!) it was discovered the body was two piece flamed tigerstripe maple(the material on $2500.00+ guitars!). It was originally red, so I chose to listen to a few wise folks and went back to it's original color. To anyone wondering how a kahler hybrid is? in a word: AWESOME!!

Here are some pics. Most we're taken by my tech during re-assembly!

She's twenty years old!! made in may of 1986!!

Georgeous, love the Kahler!
    METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Damn, that is a beauty!!!! Marty did some nice refinish work. You should be proud of that guitar! I would have loved to been on the other end of the phone when Marty called after the stripping. Solid maple I love that !
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I just got done playing it through the marshall(began playing at 7:05) it is certainly a diverse instrument. Doing jazzy cleans, or snappy chords with chorus rings sooo nicely!! Turn on the overdrive and listen to those harmonics scream forever!

I can see what some of you meant when you said the maple body would have a tone of it's own. It certainly does.

This neck must have had a magic spell cast on it(fret level/polish etc is incredible!) it is lightning fast with little resistance during shredding(or chording).

It's quite the guitar!

Comment

Congrats man, glad your happy with it. It turned out beautiful!!

Comment

Damn cool! I have its sister (see '86 Jackson strat S/N 1266 in the gallery.)

It is also solid flame maple, and has the exact same neck pocket markings -- also made in may of '86.

Probably from the same tree!

Comment

WOW! That looks awesome! Terrific resto on that one!!

Comment

Looks awesome! So Jay...to lock the Kahler, you just need to turn a little hex screw on the rear, right?
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Sanctuary....

Yep...that's all you have to do. Turn the screw inward and the bridge is locked!

Comment

Turned out great! Congrats.

Comment

That's a gorgeous axe man! He did a super nice job on it! What pup is in it?
                      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

The way it came, a Di Marzio is in there.

We think it had an "emg" style jackson originally as the drill holes are a little different.

It sounds fantastic, again either clean or dirty. It isn't as heavy as I expected it to be either. The body alone(bare) was 6.4 pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by JZ06 View Post
                          The way it came, a Di Marzio is in there.

We think it had an "emg" style jackson originally as the drill holes are a little different.

It sounds fantastic, again either clean or dirty. It isn't as heavy as I expected it to be either. The body alone(bare) was 6.4 pounds.
                          Gotta be from the same chunk o' wood as mine. Mine is also very light (for Maple anyway) and resonant.

Have you decided if you are going to sell it?

Comment

I love it.

when I ordered my Soloist in '87 I had it made in all maple with a rosewood fretboard as well. It has a truly different tone than "regular" Soloists that I've played. That, and mine is noticeably heavier too.

Nice one!

Comment

she's available!

Comment

Working...
                              X