new member with a DK1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new member with a DK1

Just thought I post and say hi. Not sure what else to add.

I live in Ohio, like long walks on the beach, fancy mixed drinks with little umbrellas in them, and violin music........

Blah...

Ok enough of that. I do live in Ohio but deffently like my music loud and LOUD. Metal all the way.

Bought my first Jackson back in March. Spent a lot of time finding the right guitar. Money wasnt to much of a issue seeing that I have gone through my share of cheap stuff I decided it was time to do it right. Played the DK1 and never looked back. Im sure I dont need to explain that on here.

Along with that I have a Epi SG and a home made Strat clone I made with the man that got me started playing back in 12th grade. Talk about a sweat senior project in school.

I use a VOX valtronix 30 watt amp for some practice and jamming any time i dont want to lug my Peavy Classic 50 212 that I use at home and fill ins for a local band when needed. Wish I could gig more but my career and wife take up most of my time. HAHA

Thats about it. Ill add some pics as soon as i can get some good ones. Have not figured out how to kill the glare or get proper lighting.
    She is a new USA DK1, black with emg's. and she can scream.....
    Last edited by dk1ben; 12-18-2006, 01:34 AM.

welcome to the forum, good choice......
    “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Hi Ben
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

why is it that no-one replied with the famous "this thread is useless without pix" smiley? congrats on your score and welcome.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Welcome to the forum...
          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I think that Jackson should make the SL2H with EMG's too, I mean, I like the shape and all, but I don't like the fact that the Dinky has a bolt-on neck, but I do like the stock EMG's.

Anybody else agree?

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

You can always change the pups

Comment

Sucks changing the pups... I mean, I would prefer to have 'em stock. I mean, I'm not saying that changing pickups is bad, (it's great actually, I did), what I mean is that you get your lovely brand new guitar and you have to open it up, un-solder, solder and if they're active, it really sucks because, the new pots won't fit the knobs, at least on my KV-2, the original knobs kinda like didn't fit right, they orbited around the center, it really sucked so I had to get a new set that were set on with pressure.

I dunno, that's why I'm getting done a custom so I don't need to ever do anything to it.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Welcome. Ohio's not too bad. I live in Cinci and work in Cleveland.

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                        Sucks changing the pups... I mean, I would prefer to have 'em stock. I mean, I'm not saying that changing pickups is bad, (it's great actually, I did), what I mean is that you get your lovely brand new guitar and you have to open it up, un-solder, solder and if they're active, it really sucks because, the new pots won't fit the knobs, at least on my KV-2, the original knobs kinda like didn't fit right, they orbited around the center, it really sucked so I had to get a new set that were set on with pressure.

I dunno, that's why I'm getting done a custom so I don't need to ever do anything to it.
                        I agree Bro..... Back in 1993 I swapped out the pups on my 88 KingV to an Invader and swapped them back this year..... The J90C never sounded better!

A~
                        All hail the 'King'
                        R.I.P~ RLC

Comment

Working...
                        X