Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USA Jacksons vs. ESP Custom Shop (Japan)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actually, just as it happened with his Jackson, Kirk paid for his first ESP Custom.The Zorlac one (Live Shit:Seattle'88).

But the way a Jackson looks...If I had 2000$ I'd spend it on a Jackson.

Comment

Yeah, like I said, I must've heard it wrong, actually I remember I saw it at a Musicians's Friend magazine like 9 years ago, at least I remember my friend telling me about it with the magazine in his hand. So, leaving that behind...

The point is, that most Japanese work their ways with endorsement deals this days, specially ESP.

Comment

I think ya did well with the Jackson USA. AS far as japanese quality versus USA quality. There can be a difference. ALOT of Strats made in Japan are better than the USA ones. Alot of Japanese cars are better made etc. I would rather get a USA guitar because its made here. When we buy stuff made here,americans can take care of there families. In a perfect world we would have alot more stuff made here but in a global economy we cant compete with cheap labor. Im glad you went with the USA made guitar. Im sure some ESP guitars are nice but look at home 1st.

Comment

Well, personally, I'm not American. And second, when I buy something I don't necesarily think about the jobs and the families of the employees, I mean, the act of buying something usually is for you and your own benefit. If the Japanese would have made the electric guitar famous and stuff, I'd probably buy Japanese guitars.

Now, guitars ain't that "big" as the car industry, I mean, you can get great cars in Germany, Japan, USA, Italy, etc up to that point, it just depends on the use you are going to give to that car, your budget and your preference. But in guitars, I think it ain't that "global", and most "differences" in uses and purposes usually go from: acoustics, electrics, electro-acoustics, solid bodies, hollow-bodies, etc etc, but still... they are guitars and the American made ones are usually the best. You can't say the same for ALL things, but in this case, it is.

For example, if you'd wanna buy a GREAT lcd 42'' flatscreen tv, you'd probably go for Sony(Japan), or if you wan't to buy a really nice elegant suit you'd probably go for Armani (Italy) or if you're into takin' hard drugs like coke you'd probably just take a trip to south america...LOL, see, everything has it's better options, like, Japan may offer great electronics and technology, every country has it's special things.
          Last edited by LEOKV2; 12-20-2006, 03:28 PM.

Comment

I hope that one day I'll be able to compare myself an ESP CS and Jackson CS...

But if you think logically-they use the same hardware and same top-quality woods.
            And sure they are both built by top-level professionals...

Comment

Considering that USA made guitars are usually built with more bang for your buck, I'd say Jackson USA is gonna be your best bet. Plus, Jacksons just look cooler.
              My Main Rig:
              '87 Charvel Model 4A
              Peavey KB100 amp
              Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
              '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
              '05 Ibanez RG320FM
              '86 Ovation Pinnacle
              '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
              '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Good choice on the Jackson. Kmaick of this bopard has one very similar with 2 Hums. I have an SL2H and had an older ESP Jeff Hanneman model as a backup (basically a soloist with dots and a kalher). The ESP was a great guitar, but when I got away from neckthrus and deceided that one had to go, it was a no-brainer to sell the ESP (I still kinda of regret selling it every now and again). The Jackson had better frets, the scale length felt more consistent (the ESP 25.5 felt more LP scaled) and all things being equal, looked and played better IMHO. Also, the fret board ebony was very tight grained like it should be, as opposed to the ESP, which was very open (almost like it was just dyed and treated rosewood???).
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Haha, thanks. This forum isn't biased... right?

Overall, I'm happy with my choice, but you always get those feelings of doubt every now and then, everytime somebody brings up ESP or KH-2 or something.

Can't wait for it to arrive.

Comment

Just being honest. And I am not playing my Jacksons at the moment, so I dont have a dog in this one.

Comment

Have no doubts, you made the right choice with the Jackson. I've played many ESP's and to me, there is no comparison. USA Jackson's all the way.

Comment

I don't really think it's fair to say that anything that comes from Japan vs. the USA is inferior in quality. There are some VERY nice guitars made in Japan.

I own a Caparison, and I hate to say it, but it kicks the living shit out of any Jackson USA I've ever played.

Comment

Great, and I will put my '82 Charvel strat head against anything far as playability goes. We are taking a Jackson soloist vs. the comparable ESP product.

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...062258316&rd=1
                            Check the scratch out for yourself. It doesn't look too bad. How much should the price be lowered? I was thinking of just throwing in the $35 shipping for free, what do you guys think?

Are scratches like these easy to fix?
                            Even with the scratch, that was a hell of a deal. Inspection date on the hang tag looked to be 11/9/06. Free shipping or something.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                            X