I hate "how much is it worth" threads...but

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate "how much is it worth" threads...but

I was in a GC and they had a San Dimas USA Jackson, and I don't have a clue as to how much it might be worth. I usually ignore stuff if it doesn't have sharkies or ebony.

Serial number 5169. Very nice thick slab of rosewood fretboard with dots. Oiled neck, scarf joint wsn't smooth, and on the edges you could feel where the fretboard and maple neck come together. I'm guessing it might not have been properly oiled through out its life. JT6 trem and behind the nut lock. Non-recessed of course. Metalic gunmetal grey body. Body is heavy, might be maple. H-S-S pickups with three knobs and three mini switches. Pickups are all Jackson branded with covers. Singles seemed tall and might be stacked hums.

If it were cleaned up and in might shape, how much would it be worth?

Thanks,

Don

$500-650? That is usually what I have seen them sell at, no?
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Very good. With case, they want $699.

I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something special I was passing on. For the condition it is currently in-missing JT6 style truss rod cover, LOTS of shims between the neck and body (WTF?), and the neck in questionable shape, I think I'll pass.

Comment

Shims between the neck and body would indicate a swapped neck to me, though swapped with "what" I cannot say. I'm assuming it had a San Dimas control route or Ontario? Could also be a Jackson neck on a non-Jackson body.

Definitely pass on it unless they'll let you take the neck off the see what the shim deal is.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Forgot to check the control route, but I'm pretty sure it was original - the Jackson pickups, three tone knobs, three micro switches.

The shims were chopped up blue thin picks. It didn't appear to be angling the neck, but just to raise it higher in the neck pocket.

I'm going to pass and let someone else go for it. I'm pretty happy with the herd as it stands.

Comment

Working...
          X