Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just what I needed for my maple-maple neck! :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just what I needed for my maple-maple neck! :-)

I bought myself a Christmas present off ebay.

I don't recall which forum member here sold me the terrific U.S.A. Maple Maple neck, but I have been looking for a body for it. Preferably a U.S.A. twin hum+floyd and it looks like I've found it

It's a 1987 dinky body. That should take a regular 22 fret neck right? I know Warren D's "French" graphic was a dinky body. In any case it was priced nicely. Here are a few pics. Not sure if the seller is a member here:

Saw that on the bay last night. I didn't buy it because I didn't know if it was a two piece solid flame maple body

P.S. I'm glad I didn't buy - my neck is 24 frets. That would have been a big OOPS!

Comment

I was skeptical on hitting BIN wondering that very question....

Lots of dinky bodies are a different scale. But I had an import predator dinky which had a 22 fret neck that was fine. I'm sure the neck I have for it will fit fine(at least I hope) if not, re-sell time

maybe it is a two piece flamed maple body hehehe. I would absolutely SH** if it we're

Comment

I don't know, just by looking at the humbucker spacing, I'd say that it looks like a 24 fret neck would be needed, not 22 frets. Just my opinion though. Hope it works out for you.
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

The seller just e mailed me. I'm good go to. 25.5" scale. Woo hoo!
          Last edited by JZ06; 12-23-2006, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Scale doesent matter... its the distance from the bridge to the 12th fret which you really have to worry about. That looks like a 24 fret body looking at the pickup spacing.
            Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

But you have to remember those are oversized rings, so the spacing will appear different.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                But you have to remember those are oversized rings, so the spacing will appear different.
                exactly, the larger rings always give that appearance, I believe you're good to go with the 22 fretter -
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I´m with Newc and Budman, if those are the original oversize early ontario rings, that´s a 22 fretter, the distance from neck pocket to floyd studs looks kosher for that as well. IF however the rings are aftermarket (which they don´t appear to be), it may be a 24 fretter after all.

But if I were looking for a 22 fret Ontario body, I´d take a shot.

Comment

thanks for all your input guys. this board has a wealth of knowledge!

i'm sure it'll be ok.

you might see it in the classifieds when i'm done(for a reasonable fee).

Comment

the body arrived today, condition is very good considering it's age. it'll receive some pups and hopefully i'll find a floyd for it.

here are some pics(I put it next to my other jackson which i am not sure what to do about the kahler, the current one is awful, sticky and goes sharp or flat when dive bombed or pulled up)

Body with it's soon to be neck:

A blue pair!

Pretty sure the standard '86 is electric blue as that's what the '87 dinky is. I like the finish(or lack of it) on the other jackson though. I'll have to scuff the neck on the dinky(that sounds wrong!!).

Comment

"A blue pair!" That must hurt! Along with scuffimg your dinky!
                        METAL, LIVE IT!

Comment

Looks killer. I like those strats alot.

Comment

That HP box is magnificent!... Yeah the Jackson is alright, too.
                            DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Thanks!!!

Pickup shopping has begun(DiMarzio) scored a chrome floyd for it.

Should be together soon. I have a friend who's going to help me put it together+wire it.

Comment

Working...
                              X