No announcement yet.

24 fret RR dimensions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now that im thinking about it, it might depend on the guitar Vita, i think you stated that as well, because on a few 24 fret guitars they just slap on a few more inches of wood. but on mark's creation he move the whole neck.
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Sounds like something you'd read on the ESP forum, as there is no basis in fact!

Mark had to lengthen the neck pocket accommodate the longer 24 fret neck. The alternative to that is to fill the routing for the bridge & bridge humbucker and rerout them. Much easier to move the neck instead if you are modding an existing guitar.

However, the number of frets has no bearing whatsoever on your ability to hit harmonics. The strength of a harmonic depends on where along the string you pick it. Over a node point will provide a stronger harmonic. The same rule applies to natural or artificial harmonics, only with a fretted (artificial) harm, the location of the nodes will vary depending on the length of the fretted string.

The biggest impact that the difference between 22 & 24 frets will have is on the placement of the neck humbucker. This will obviously effect the tone of the neck pickup as it now sits at a different point along the string. Further toward the bridge will garner a more trebly sound. Now, that also has no bearing on your ability to play harmonics, as you can play harmonics on an unplugged guitar (or an acoustic, for that matter) if you know what you're doing.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
        The biggest impact that the difference between 22 & 24 frets will have is on the placement of the neck humbucker.
        Originally posted by Me
        I want it to be single hum

Sorry to be such a bastard, but it's a fairly straightforward question, and time is of the essence (I don't usually have free access to the necessary guitar building tools, but I will for a short period of time later this week).

I just need to know the distance between the V crotch and the trem cavity, as well as the distance between the top of the bridge pickup ring to the bottom of the fretboard binding on a 24-fret RR...Please?

Comment

On my 25 fret XTRR, the "crotch" of the V is about 2.5" from the fine tuners, and is about 5" from the centerline of the trem posts.
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
          X