Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8th flame maple top question

Hello

I was wondering, are the regular USA Selects that come in trans finishes (with the flame maple tops) 1/8th in thickness? Or are they thiner, like, a regular "beauty" veneer?

Since you get the custom shop option for a 1/8th thick top, I wanted to know if choosing that means it's thicker or the same as a regular non-custom USA Jackson.

In the specs there is at least one that does state 1/8 maple flame top. The imports with veneer do state veneer so I would assume that it is 1/8 flame top for the selects. I maybe wrong.

Comment

USA Selects are a thinner veneer. The only exception is the PC1, which has a 1/8th quilt top.

Otherwise, a thicker 1/8th top is custom order only. There's an option for an even thicker 3/4 top but, generally, that's only used for archtops, which require more depth for the arch itself.

Comment

The SL2H-MAH is listed to have 1/8 maple top
        Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Comment

Forgot about that one. I stand corrected. There are two exceptions: PC1 and SL2H-MAH.

BTW, notice the similarity? i.e., Both the PC1 and SL2H-MAH have mahogany bodies.

Comment

Working...
          X