Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/8th flame maple top question

Hello

I was wondering, are the regular USA Selects that come in trans finishes (with the flame maple tops) 1/8th in thickness? Or are they thiner, like, a regular "beauty" veneer?

Since you get the custom shop option for a 1/8th thick top, I wanted to know if choosing that means it's thicker or the same as a regular non-custom USA Jackson.

In the specs there is at least one that does state 1/8 maple flame top. The imports with veneer do state veneer so I would assume that it is 1/8 flame top for the selects. I maybe wrong.

Comment

USA Selects are a thinner veneer. The only exception is the PC1, which has a 1/8th quilt top.

Otherwise, a thicker 1/8th top is custom order only. There's an option for an even thicker 3/4 top but, generally, that's only used for archtops, which require more depth for the arch itself.

Comment

The SL2H-MAH is listed to have 1/8 maple top
        http://www.jacksonguitars.com/produc...tno=2803072858

Comment

Forgot about that one. I stand corrected. There are two exceptions: PC1 and SL2H-MAH.

BTW, notice the similarity? i.e., Both the PC1 and SL2H-MAH have mahogany bodies.

Comment

Working...
          X