My SL1CS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My SL1CS

I bought a used SL1CS today for ... 1599 euro at a shop, here in the Netherlands. I'll post pictures later.

The serial number is U12177. It's a bright-blue/blueish green with, of course, 24 frets, original Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncan pick-ups.

It's a little getting used to since they changed the necks on all Jacksons It's still thin but it's higher/broader than the necks on my Fusions. This one's got .10 strings on it but I'll be putting my usual .09 strings on later this week.

Oh yeah, the guitar is in SUCH good condition that it came with the original hardshell Jackson case (yay), the owner's manual AND all the protective plastic is still on! It's still on the tuners and the 2 backplates, and it's still got the keys on the back of the headstock o_O

Hey, another Dutchy

congrats with the guitar

Is it the blue one from Nederlandmuziek?
    Last edited by AfterForever; 12-27-2006, 10:23 AM.
    "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

Ooooh, a connaisseur! Yes, it's the blue one from Nederland Muziek

Comment

err.. pics?

sorry, some of us are just too damn impatient...
        Last edited by wilkinsi; 12-27-2006, 12:18 PM.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Okay okay!

Comment

What's the "CS"?
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              What's the "CS"?
              Custom Shop. I'm guessing the finish is not a "standard" Jackson color. It's not a real "custom shop" guitar, I'm just guessing the color or the lacquer is un-standard. Then again, they prolly made a few 100 of these in the "custom shop"

Comment

Does it change color as you move it around? It doesn't look like a custom color from the pics, and I'd hate to know someone spent $3000+ for an SL1 with just a special color on it
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                  Does it change color as you move it around? It doesn't look like a custom color from the pics, and I'd hate to know someone spent $3000+ for an SL1 with just a special color on it
                  Yups, it changes colour. Depending on the lighting, it goes from turqoise to bright-blue. Right now, it's a deep green-blueish.

And the SL1 is about 3000 usd anyway, with or without custom finish. That's Europe for you or for me ...

Comment

i like that color! nice one!

Comment

toffe Soloist.. gefeliciteerd!

Comment

Ah, ok, so CS means Color-Shift.

Comment

This Guitar is freakin` sexy....
                          and Congrats, great choice
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Working...
                          X