what year is my soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what year is my soloist?

I just picked up a used soloist and for insurance reasons I need to know what year it is. I did a search and checked out the serial number page under the resources section but i can't figure out what year my soloist is.
    The serial number is U14474. Any help would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, no one (not even Jackson, it seems) has been keeping track of recent numbers. Your best bet is to hope someone with a number close to yours who bought theirs new drops in here.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      Unfortunately, no one (not even Jackson, it seems) has been keeping track of recent numbers. Your best bet is to hope someone with a number close to yours who bought theirs new drops in here.
      thanks for the info. I thought maybe the first # meant the year of something

Comment

I have a "guesstimate chart" that says your guitar is a 2004.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Ez74 View Post
          thanks for the info. I thought maybe the first # meant the year of something
          That only works on the imports from 1990-1996, but for the 1996 models, some will start with "6", but at some point in 1996 they changed to what is known as the "96" serialization, where all import serials began with "96" followed by 4 numbers.

After that, import serialization gets really screwy: you can find some 1997 models that have 6-digit serials that start with "97", and others that start with "96" but have 7 numbers (which means it was made in 1997), and 1998 models that have 8 numbers starting with "96".

Anything with more than 8 numbers, though, was made in India.

Brand new DK2Ms still start with "96" and only have 8 numbers, but were made in 2006.

It's a mad mad mad mad mad mad world
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have 14757, it's a 2004 Soloist (October). Then your guitar is probably a September model.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              I have a "guesstimate chart" that says your guitar is a 2004.
              can i have a copy of that
              "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

You have to beat him in a wrestling match for a copy............

Comment

Working...
                X