No announcement yet.

CS final inspection question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmm, well i guess you know your dealers finances and finacial status with their creditotrs. AMAZING!

I didnt infer anything about your dealer or his dealer... i dont even know who he got his CS from.
    or who your dealer is for that matter... And because a dealer is getting product from "other" companies means dick to their other accounts that they may be on credit hold with

I posted the reality behind many businesses order delays.
    Last edited by vwall; 12-30-2006, 09:03 AM.

Comment

Scott,

You're a dealer right? Ummm.... I think shreddermon was defending the dealers in this thread from it becoming a flame fest.
      "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

Yeah, I wasnt intersted in a flame fest
        but he did dirtectly make an attack at me.. in pure ignorance even..

Comment

I wasn't "attacking" you, VWall. I was refuting things you were implying in your statements.

And I stand behind what I said. Seemed pretty clear to me that you were hoping people would go do the math between what you said in this thread and where other members have posted about their customs. i.e., Gee, without specifically naming names. And on a forum where there is even more of a sensitivity to a history of shady sponsoring dealer practices.

Even if you didn't mean for that to happen, as a former competing dealer and member here, you should have had the common sense to see that it would easily be taken that way.
          Last edited by shreddermon; 12-30-2006, 09:13 AM.

Comment

You also have to take into consideration that several items were already ordered previously - what are the Completion Dates of those same models that were posted by said dealer?

My 7-string Warrior's completion date was September, and I got it yesterday. I don't recall my War Angel's Completion Date (it's in the case, and the case is f'n heavy, and I'm tired - I'll dig it out tomorrow ), but I'm sure it is in line with everyone else's.

Yes, I woulda liked to have received both of mine the week they completed. Unfortunately it doesn't work that way, and what Scott said is true - dealers have a certain amount of credit with Jackson, and they place their orders well enough ahead of time. When the dealer pays enough of the balance owed, their orders are shipped according to when they were placed - Custom Shop display items ordered at Summer NAMM may go out immediately after Musikmesse, or may not ship to the dealer until August or September.
            I'm sure dealers may be able to say "let me bump this older USA Select order from the next shipment and move a more recent order up in the rank because the customer has pre-paid in full, whereas the older customer has not". It's business, all that matters is money changing hands, so those that pay early get early if possible.

My employer deals with that exact scenario on a daily basis, and we end up with unclaimed finished product sitting around waiting for the customer to honor their purchase agreement, but first they have to pay off a certain amount of their credit with us.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The idea that my first custom may be sitting in a warehouse for 3 months waiting to ship scares the crap out of me, and it certainly seems unusual to me that a guitar that was completed woodworking and went to paint in late May still isn't done. However mine was a little more custom than most, and I know its not a credit hold issue with Matt since he obviously just got in a big shipment of customs from Jackson, and seeing as how he hasn't contacted me, it may be awhile. For all I know it may wind up at NAMM :ROTF: . Its been about uh 16 months for me too, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting impatient but I'm also not freaking out or anything. I'd rather they take their time and make an incredible guitar. These long shipping delays seem pretty unacceptable to me though.

Comment

I think all of the Jackson employees take turns bringing the guitars home to play for a week or so before shipping them out. Then if someone scratches it, they have to have enough time to fix it, and put on a new set of strings before shipping. Totally understandable.
                My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

On my Custom Rhoads recieved 12/27/06 the inspection was 09/29/2006.

Comment

My CS Soloist final inspection date is 11/30/05. It has arrived to FMIC European stock in late March/early April.
                    Because I don't say it
                    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

What if Jackson wants the customs to sit for a couple of months for the wood to cure? I have no clue just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by z1n View Post
                        What if Jackson wants the customs to sit for a couple of months for the wood to cure? I have no clue just a thought.
                        You mean for the paint to cure? I doubt it.
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

Working...
                        X