Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What comes with a custom guitar?

Hello

I was wondering, what does the guitar come from? I mean, a manual? A photo CD? Some kind of certificate?

Now, I've seen lots of CS guitars that don't have the allen key holders at the back of the headstock, is that because:

a) you specified it not to be there

b) if you don't specify that you want it, they won't put it on?

The allen keys and holder came with mine but were not installed. I also got a Fender kit which included a cloth and some other stuff I can't remember.

I did not get the binder or photo CD I was told I would get....
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

For my War Angel, I got the allen wrench holder (head-killer) but it was not installed (I asked the dealer to remove it, and was informed it was not even installed).

I didn't get a CD or binder - just a Fender Guitar Care package (string wipes, polish, a rag, etc).

Of course I did get a wicked-cool case upgrade to white tolex
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

is the binder and the photo cd to show the pictures of the process of making the guitars
        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

They haven't done that for months. As far as I know, it's been dropped.

Comment

My came with the allen wrenches and holder not attached aswell. I wouldnt mind it being attached but I'm kinda scared to drill a hole in the back of the headstock myself in fear of causing a clearcoat crack or something.

Fender Mist & Wipe sampler kit containing- the finish spray and detail cloth.

Warranty card ( obviously)

Only other thing was since mine was a "demon" shape I had to upgrade to a customfit G&G case which is nice but I miss that carnuba /vanilla scent from the Jackson molded cases. Silly I know, but damn I love that smell on my SL1 everytime I pull it out of it's case.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikernaut2 View Post
              My came with the allen wrenches and holder not attached aswell. I wouldnt mind it being attached but I'm kinda scared to drill a hole in the back of the headstock myself in fear of causing a clearcoat crack or something.

Fender Mist & Wipe sampler kit containing- the finish spray and detail cloth.

Warranty card ( obviously)

Only other thing was since mine was a "demon" shape I had to upgrade to a customfit G&G case which is nice but I miss that carnuba /vanilla scent from the Jackson molded cases. Silly I know, but damn I love that smell on my SL1 everytime I pull it out of it's case.
              LMAO I was just sniffing my guitar, she smells a little slutty kinda like a stripper, but a hot stripper.

I was wondering about the Binders, that sucks that they are no longer included. Seriously how much extra effort and cost could that take, it was a nice touch, that added an extra little something that was appreciate.
              Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Yeah, I mean, it'd be great to get a photo cd...

Now, Newc, why do you say that the allen key holder is a "head killer" ?

Comment

^^ I`ve heard a story that some guys guitar felt down and
                  the headstock has broken right there where the allen key holder is
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

I got a CS King V recently (not my own order, but a NAMM piece from Fuller's), and I hate that damn Fender care kit. The cap was loose on the mist and apparently the bag it was in wasn't completely sealed, so it soaked my manual/warranty book and my allen keys. I don't know if guitars shippped from the custom shop have that Fender kit actually inside the case or packaged separately, but in my opinion liquid of any type has no business being inside a guitar case.

Comment

Actually, that same exact thing happened to me, too, when my KV2 was delivered.

Comment

The guitar I got on Friday came with just the Floyd bar, allen wrenches, and a warranty card. That's it.
                        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                          ^^ I`ve heard a story that some guys guitar felt down and
                          the headstock has broken right there where the allen key holder is
                          I feel it's bullshit. Holder is secured to the headstock with tiny bolt. Compared to the tuners holes it is very small intrusion into the wood structure. Also the weakest point of the headstock is about 2nd tuner from the tip, because it is where the tip piece of the headstock is glued. But it's nowhere near the keyholder.
                          Because I don't say it
                          Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                            What comes with a custom guitar?
                            Judging by recent posts, problems!

Ba dum pshh
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Honestly the packaging within FMIC is often wrong. Especially in case of expensive guitars, and especially custom built. Hardware color mismatch (trem arm and key holder), keys gauge mismatch (truss rod keys, it was discussed on this board), Strat trem arms (Fender has 3 types of Strat tremolo - vintage 6-point, modern 2-point and deluxe locking) mismatch, and Custom Shop certificate mismatch (wrong serial number, wrong model name or both). Whatever. I wonder who is that guy who puts accessories into the cases. Is he lobotomized or what?
                              Last edited by Carbophos; 01-01-2007, 12:35 PM.
                              Because I don't say it
                              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Working...
                              X