X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He must have a bolt-on brain.

Ba dum pshh

Comment

so much for me ever getting a CS...... seems like a bunch of bullsh!t especially with that warrior alignment.......
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

It's not so much the HOLDER that killed the head of a Warrior Pro I received, it was the actual wrench that was IN the holder. When UPS dropped it, the headstock snapped completely in half right where the big wrench was resting.

True, it was an older Japanese G&G-style case, which are notoriously too thin for a pointy headstock (the tip always rests against the back of the case), but had the allen wrench holder not been attached, the head would not have been snapped in half from the impact.

As for never ordering a Custom Shop due to my WR7's problem, remember the War Angel I got a couple of months ago had no problems at all. As well, the WR7's problem was compensated for with a simple tug of the neck. That doesn't excuse the issue from happening in the first place, because it was definitely made that way, but it shouldn't deter you from ordering a Custom Shop Jackson.
        Last edited by Newc; 01-01-2007, 02:49 PM.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

What was your WR7 problem?

In my case it sucks... I mean, I believe it's harder for me to save up around 4 or 5 grand to buy a custom Jackson compared to people in America, most Americans make around 300-400 bucks a week, here in Peru you make that, in a month if you're lucky.

Of course, living here is cheaper, food is cheaper and everything is cheaper compared to the USA, but even so, when I went to work there and I was making 500 bucks a week, taking my rent and my food away, I could still save up a nice 1500 bucks per month, so, If I was living there I could order like 5 custom Jacksons per year!

But, reality is that for me saving up 4 grand took me more than 2 years, and it's a very important sum of money for me to spend on a piece of wood, so in my case I do need to get the RIGHT stuff with my order, because it's not as like I could live with a repair, or a damaged guitar, I mean, analize the situation, it's quite an event! At least my regular KV-2 came with everything in it's place and fine, I'm sure the custom one should be even better!

Comment

must suck to live in peru and want a custom, 2 years, wow, no wonder you want it to be perfect, i saw a post that someone told you not to blow such a huge chunk of change on you first custom, i would really second that
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

the neck was misaligned, so the high e was out of place and basically unplayable, so he had to move the neck over himself, when i saw that i was horrified

Comment

Yea but it's kinda like the dream of my life, to have my custom Jackson. Hell, I spent my last X-mas and new years eve (last year, 2005-2006) in Seattle for 4 months working my ass off to get me the KV-2 and like 15 pedals, pedalboard, lap top, etc etc. and also save up for the custom made one. I'm going back this December 2007, but I already have the money for the advance so I can make the order now and get it by March 2008 at the most, it shouldn't take so long being a rather simple guitar right?

Comment

Custom Jacksons are a beautiful thing...Long Live The Kings!!!
                  Hear the universe scream
                  Bleeding from black holes
                  Whom horns careless
                  And whom God mourns

Comment

Originally posted by Carbophos View Post
                    Honestly the packaging within FMIC is often wrong. Especially in case of expensive guitars, and especially custom built. Hardware color mismatch (trem arm and key holder), keys gauge mismatch (truss rod keys, it was discussed on this board), Strat trem arms (Fender has 3 types of Strat tremolo - vintage 6-point, modern 2-point and deluxe locking) mismatch, and Custom Shop certificate mismatch (wrong serial number, wrong model name or both). Whatever. I wonder who is that guy who puts accessories into the cases. Is he lobotomized or what?
                    LOL I bought a USA Double Fat Strat Hardtail five years ago. It came with a trem bar in the accessory pack... I still haven't figured out how to attach it to the hardtail bridge. :ROTF:
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                      Judging by recent posts, problems!
                      I have to agree with Ron on this one. What compounds the problem, if there is a problem, is you live in Peru. The shipping back and forth would be a killer. I'm sure one of our kind members on the board would be happy to help you with your order through PM's. The amount of money it costs for a CS makes me gasp. Relatively speaking, the price you are going to pay is much higher based on the income levels in Peru vs US. I sincerely hope it's worth it to you and everything goes smoothly.
                      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Originally posted by fett View Post
                        I have to agree with Ron on this one. What compounds the problem, if there is a problem, is you live in Peru. The shipping back and forth would be a killer. I'm sure one of our kind members on the board would be happy to help you with your order through PM's. The amount of money it costs for a CS makes me gasp. Relatively speaking, the price you are going to pay is much higher based on the income levels in Peru vs US. I sincerely hope it's worth it to you and everything goes smoothly.
                        i second that brother, hope everything goes good..... errr simple isn't exactly what i would call it...... well sit back and see what happens

Comment

Working...
                        X