No announcement yet.

Pic request: Jackson multilaminate neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

??? Pau Ferro is a great neck wood, I have a warmoth strat with a pau ferro neck and a kingwood board and its one of the best playing necks I've ever used. Pau Ferro isn't exactly a rare wood either. Cocobolo yea sure, pau ferro not so much.

Comment

Some more.....

Comment

Here's a archtop soloist. How about 7 laminations!

Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Awesome 7 string

Comment

Wow, I bet that's expensive... I mean, the more laminates...

Now, my guess is, those inner dark stripes are made out of... mahogany?

Comment

Originally posted by VEGETATHEPUPPET View Post
              Awesome 7 string
              It's a 7-piece neck, not a 7-string guitar.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i can just imagine the amount of clamps and glue that thing used, can any one say zero resonance
                "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Does this provide any difference in tone as compared to a regular neck through construction?

Comment

I wouldn't think there would be much tone difference, if any. Lamination does make the neck more stable, though.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah, they use a lot of glue and bar clamps. A nice thing about the laminated neck is there is no "scarf" joint. The neck and head stock are carved completely from the wood "billet". It's very stable. I don't believe there is much of a difference in strength between a scarf neck and a non-scarf neck though. You just eliminate that line on a transparent finish.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

what the hell is a scarf joint is that wher the joint is recessed or something
                        "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

(regarding the archted top soloist...)

Comment

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
                            (regarding the archted top soloist...)
                            They are Koa as well as the majority of the back
                            Last edited by Bengal65; 01-02-2007, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kelly user View Post
                              what the hell is a scarf joint is that wher the joint is recessed or something
                              The scarf joint is up towards the headstock near the first and second fret. The neck is cut on an angle and the headstock is glued on. This creates the tilt back at the headstock. The joint is stronger or as strong as the rest of the neck. You can see it on natural clear, tinted or oiled finished necks. On opaque finishes it's vitually undetectable.

The reason this is done is an economical one. It saves from carving the neck out of a big piece of wood.

Comment

I've never really noticed a difference in resonance with laminate necks, at least not with 3 or 5 piece necks. Now a 7 piece? Never played one. That soloist is gorgeous. Koa Body with FlameMaple and Mahogany laminates correct?

Comment

Working...
                                X