Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pic request: Jackson multilaminate neck

Hello

Anybody here has a pic of a multilaminate neck?

I've seen 3 piece and I've seen the 5 piece "whiskey breath" Rhoads, which has cocobolo and figured maple.

Now, I'd like to see any other pic of a multilaminate neck, anykind, Jackson of course.

I ask this because I'm still confused about the neck construction I should go for, I love the way the Whiskey Breath Rhoads looks like (it's neck) but then again, it may be expensive due to the woods used.

I just want to see a multilaminate neck to see how well it shows with some kind of transparent finish, and maybe, I should just go with a 3 piece mahogany neck, or a 5 piece mahogany/walnut neck, I'm still deciding.

Help...

when are you going to order this guitar again....
    "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

I'm still waiting for my quote from Matt's, but I have to do some corrections on it as well when I get it.

I'm sorry but I hope you guys understand that this is very important for me and that it takes a lot of detail because once it's done it's done, so, please, bear with me

Comment

Why don't you start a thread about your custom Jackson and ask your questions there?
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Well, I think that these questions may be to interest to others not just me, so if I make just one post that says "my custom guitar" I cont get as much replies.

Now, sorry for the BIG AND INMENSE inconvenience, but, can we please go on with the thread? Is there a way to delete the messages that don't have ANYTHING to do with the thread please?

Comment

well sorry i was curious, i wasn't trying to dog you or anything, seems like your really itching for information, i thought it be soon
            "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Is this what you are looking for???

Comment

Yeah, exactly! That last picture, is that maple outer stripes and 2 mahogany inner stripes? Or is it some other wood?

Now, very important question... having a multilaminate neck like on the pictures, is it VERY expensive? Like, will it add THAT much to the price?

Comment

that ass shot of that rhodes is just........ wow

Comment

Here's a five-piece maple/walnut neck on an old Carvin DC400 I used to have. It's ruby red stain with black burst edges.

I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Nice!

But I guess that Whiskey Breath Rhoads's neck configuration is not as usual, I mean, having darker stripes on the OUTSIDE right?

Comment

You can get it any way you choose.
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

it cost a good chunk of change im guessing

Comment

Its not cheap but its not as expensive as you might think. I briefly considered it on mine but getting a neck thru let alone with a multilaminate put it just to far above what I could afford to pay. You commonly see Purpleheart and Walnut used in multilaminates because they are very strong woods that provide excellent reinforcement for the neck. The combination I was considering was Pau Ferro and Purpleheart.
                            Last edited by Chrisb; 12-31-2006, 06:22 PM.

Comment

pau ferro........ WHAT?!?!?!? you guys are finishing of the rainforest :ROTF:

Comment

Working...
                              X