Pic request: Jackson multilaminate neck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chrisb View Post
    I've never really noticed a difference in resonance with laminate necks, at least not with 3 or 5 piece necks. Now a 7 piece? Never played one. That soloist is gorgeous. Koa Body with FlameMaple and Mahogany laminates correct?
    It's Flame Maple and Koa.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Anybody seen a guitar made out completely of one single piece of wood? Neck, headstock, body?

Comment

That would be a highly unstable guitar.

Comment

Why? I mean, imagine, all built from a single piece of wood means no glue or stuff like that.

Comment

A single piece of wood will have a higher tendency to twist and warp than a laminate. Warrior guitars does 13 piece necks, I wonder what they sound like compared to the more traditional 1 or 3 piece necks.
            -Janne

Comment

The "glue or stuff like that" actually makes for a stronger neck, etc. Why do you think we have scarf joints (glued on headstocks), multi-piece necks (glued together, each piece partially negating the wood stresses from each other), and other more expensive construction techniques? Because these make for stronger, more stable guitars, especially in the area of necks which bear all of the string tension.

A single piece of wood would be more flexi-flyer-like.

Comment

Actually glue joints are stronger in most cases than the wood itself. This also depends on the wood and it's grain direction. Making an entire guitar out of one piece of wood is just not economical, but it could be done. I would think a 1 pc. maple guitar would work as long as the grain was parallel to the neck direction. Just think to make a Soloist in 1 piece would take a plank 6" thick, by 16" X 35". A big piece of wood. Also, the larger and thicker piece of wood, your chances of inherent defects are greater.
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

you could run a truss rod right down the middle of the guitar.... its possible not really smart, but possible.... Where's that mojo bodies guy? he should know
                  "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Working...
                  X