X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love It!
    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Very very nice. I think you are right about ordering 2 custom shop bolt ons for almost the same price as 1 CS neckthru.
      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Newc dude, just unreal. Congrats on both of those custom beauties.
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Huge congrats, Newc. They BOTH look awesome. One's classy, the other badass.

Comment

Very nice and I love that red case interior makes me jealous, I need a matching blue one for my Demon

I too am still in love with your War Angel that is truly one awesome and unique piece.

Comment

Awesome!!!

Comment

Awesome looking Warriors.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...41173447863684
                Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Finally the wait's over, eh Matt! Great guitar!
                  You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

That is just amazing, I think i'm buying a warrior. Jesus...
                    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Great.....

Comment

man, looking at that makes me wish I'd never sold my Warrior years ago

+1 on the war angel, stunning guitar!!

Comment

Great guitars you got there. Glad to see they both finally arrived. I really love that 7-String warrior.
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Thanks all - needless to say, I'm stoked

The neck on the 7-string is awesome! I had a DR7 back when I first ordered this one, and while it was nice, the profile on this one is soooooooooo much thinner!

The only thing - and it truly breaks my heart to say it, and I promised myself I wouldn't mention it here until I heard from Matt/Jackson, but I've just got to get it off my chest - there's some sort of problem with it.

Look at the High E - it's off the frets. If I press straight down it lands on the binding. At first I thought I could live with it, but it slips off the frets when doing vibrato, so I've emailed Matt about resolving it. I don't know what Jackson will do - complete rebuild, shim the neck on one side (like the SD Star I used to have), or just rebuild the neck.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like the neck is not as wide as the bridge's spacing would need, since the Low B is in the right spot the whole length of the board, so I don't think a shim would fix it.

Maybe they can make it work with just a new neck rather than completely trashing the whole thing. Maybe if a neck was built a bit wider towards the High E and the heel either shaved to fit the existing pocket or the pocket shaved to fit the new neck? Yeah I'd have a slight bit of overhang (think Warmoth's Baritone Conversion necks, if you've seen one) but that would not affect playability at all, and could be done quickly. It could also be tapered from the pocket to the top of the board to mask the overhang - that wouldn't be a problem at all for me.

They may even be able to move the nut a hair to the Bass side to pull the string over. It looks to me like it'd work, but I don't know.

I guess that's the other side of the coin for Custom Body Shapes - it's a chance I took and I'm certainly not down on Jackson about it, but I do want it resolved, and as I said I'm open to viable alternatives to a complete rebuild (i.e. new neck).
                            Last edited by Newc; 12-30-2006, 03:37 PM.
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Nice. And I really like that case.

Comment

Sorry to see that Newc, I think that's unacceptable, it's a big issue about playability... Hope Jackson takes care of it soon...
                                Check my bands!
                                www.myspace.com/magicktr
                                www.myspace.com/sinif64
                                www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

Working...
                                X