Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damnit, I'm sorry to hear this, Newc.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    I guess that's the other side of the coin for Custom Body Shapes - it's a chance I took and I'm certainly not down on Jackson about it, but I do want it resolved, and as I said I'm open to viable alternatives to a complete rebuild (i.e. new neck).
    If a certain custom body shape isn't viable, surely Jackson will halt the project before the build even begins, won't they? Unless you were warned by Jackson, I don't see you have taken any chances.
    Henrik
    AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

That sux man, definitely keep us informed on what they tell you about the problem.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
      '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

That is bullshit! You are shelling out big clams for a CS and WAITING like forever, and they can't even do a Quality Control inspection? Lord knows they cetainly weren't rushed. That absolutely should have been caught!
        "What's all this lying around shit!!" - Bluto

Comment

I love the look of the new Warrior. It sucks that that problem is there. I've seen that on some guitars before but that is a real bad case by the looks of it. I hope they can fix this up for you quickly without a full rebuild.

Comment

While I agree that QA/final shoulda caught it, as long as they can fix it, I'll be ok.

The more I look at the other pics (I'm at work right now, so I can't look at the guitar itself), it looks like it may be something in the neck pocket itself - excess paint/clear, or a lump that wasn't sanded out.

I'd have to take the neck off and see for sure, but there's one pic I didn't upload that appears to show a lump in the front of the pocket on the bass side, which would push the neck towards the treble side, and cause the strings to be misaligned. Then again, as I said before, the Low B appears to be the same distance from the edge of the neck all the way down, so it's gotta be that the neck itself isn't wide enough.

And the neck plate is crooked, as the pics I got from Matt appeared to show, but that is not a concern for me (I kinda like it )
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I wouldn't stress too much - your low B is well away from the edge of the fretboard. While the neck might be straight, the pocket might just be too far to the bass side of the guitar.

edit: yeah, looking at my 7, even though its not a Jackson, my low B is much closer to the edge of the fretboard then yours is and mine doesn't have any binding.

Comment

Heaven and hell in two customs!
                Ironically I was gonna say that before the issues popped up
                Mistakes happen, especially when humans make guitars and not robots, but that really fuckin' sucks dude! Could it be the spacing for a 7tom and not the ofr7 perhaps? Fucking killer guitar otherwise tho!!

oh, and theres another plus for you goin bolt-on. On a neckthrough you'd be fucked

Comment

My KV2 had the exact same issue, I love Jackson guitars and that's truly a beautiful piece but Jackson really needs to get their act together about strings-fretboard alignment.

Comment

That sucks Matt... Mine has a few issues that I haven't figured much of a big deal, and one that I did not notice till much later. Anyways, mine is still playable, so I've just decided to keep her as is... hopefully you'll get your problem worked out soon...
                    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I'm sorry hear this, Newc. The guitar seems like a solid player otherwise. It looks like a bridge alignment issue to me. Or is the low B supposed to be so far away from the edge of the fretboard as it seems to be judging by the pictures?

Maybe others with Custom 7-strings w/ floyd could measure their necks to see if yours really is narrower as you suspected?
                      -Janne

Comment

Drag man, seems to be no reason why a final inspection would not catch that. Maybe they should hire one of us to do the job, they obviously don't have the right person doing it. Too many dumb mistakes out of the CS. Bucketass' guitar wasn't wired???? Obviously it wasn't even plugged in or played, no excuse for not doing a final inspection on ANY guitar leaving the factory.
                        Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Here's another one. Look at how close the floyd is to the edge of the route:

It's beginning to look like the body will have to be rebuilt and the Floyd posts moved a hair to the bass side.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Newc, try loosening the neck screws and see if you can "shunt" the neck over to the treble side a bit before re-tightening. Especially the end closest to the body. It's possible that the neck got banged out of alignment during shipping. However, I must admit that judging by the pics, might not solve the issue. But it's worth a try first.

Comment

Thanks Shred - that seems to have worked, but it still appears it was made that way. I thought about doing that when I first noticed it, and I guess I should have, but I'm not convinced of the structural stability of such a move. Will it pop itself back out of place? Will I have to pop it back in place every time I turn around?

The front edge of the neck pocket is visible from the top, but the string is straight.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X