It's here......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Newc View Post
    Thanks Shred - that seems to have worked, but it still appears it was made that way. I thought about doing that when I first noticed it, and I guess I should have, but I'm not convinced of the structural stability of such a move. Will it pop itself back out of place? Will I have to pop it back in place every time I turn around?

The front edge of the neck pocket is visible from the top, but the string is straight.
    Matt, I got a used Dinky with this same problem once and I did just as you did (shifting the neck over and tightening it back up). I was afraid of the stability of this fix myself, but it never went back so you may be alright. THat being said, it is a brand new custom shop piece and you have to do what makes you feel comfortable.

On the bright side, DAMN! These two guitars got made pretty quick. THats a killer turnaround for two custom shops.

I'm sure Jackson will take care of it for you if you decide to go that route. It will just take some time.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

I definitely don't mind sending it back, but if it doesn't NEED to go back, I may as well keep it.

As for the turnaround time - I ordered them in April of 2005, so it took 17 months for the War Angel (which was actually ordered AFTER the 7-string), and 19 months for the 7.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Was it that long ago? Damn time flies. It feels like just yesterday that you posted that you ordered those. Hopefully you won't need to send it back.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Cool. Glad it worked. That last pic looks A-OK.

Comment

I played it for a couple of hours after fixing it, and I can do vibrato on the High E without the string slipping off. :headbang:
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Congrats on both those sweet axes! If your ever on the eastern end of the state give me a yell and we'll get a jam or something going.

Comment

awesome!

Glad to see a little bump made it right dude, now you can enjoy!

Comment

That blood drip is the coolest drip I've seen. Somehow it's a bit different than most others. Extra splotchy or something... like from multiple slashes instead of a single one .

That last pic definitely looks like you've got it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bert View Post
                    That blood drip is the coolest drip I've seen. Somehow it's a bit different than most others. Extra splotchy or something... like from multiple slashes instead of a single one .

That last pic definitely looks like you've got it fixed.
                    For some reason it reminds me of Max Cavalera's red camo (or was that blood drip as well?)

Comment

congrats newc! what you experienced with the neck alignment is something i've seen on a lot of bolt on guitars over the years. the fix should hold no problem.
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Now it looks better

Comment

Originally posted by hippietim View Post
                          congrats newc! what you experienced with the neck alignment is something i've seen on a lot of bolt on guitars over the years. the fix should hold no problem.
                          I agree it's no big deal on a bolt on, but what to do on neck thrus?

Comment

Originally posted by Supersucker View Post
                            I agree it's no big deal on a bolt on, but what to do on neck thrus?
                            How about buying the shop a straightedge and telling them to make a new one?

I dont think neckthru's could suffer the same problem without some severe heated stress twisting. Even then, resetting the bridge alignment could fix it, though you'd have to fill and redrill.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                              I played it for a couple of hours after fixing it, and I can do vibrato on the High E without the string slipping off. :headbang:
                              Cool. That's probably how it assembled and probably how it shipped. It probably got banged really hard during it's trip to you and knocked the neck out of alignment.

Looks perfect now.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The white one (which I assume is the War Angel) is amazing. Nice 7 string too, they make an awesome pair.
                                "There is no Beast, without cruelty."

Comment

Working...
                                X