it's here/Demon Pron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it's here/Demon Pron

Well I cant resist showing off along with Newc.

The Demon arrived yesterday and boy am I awestruck. It truly is everything I imagined from my mock up. The price tag and wait were well worth it. Infact I already have another being spec'ed out.

I must say this has the most amazing action and setup I have ever received. Really insane low action. Kudos to the guy that did it, truly remarkable.

It is very comfortable, body and neckwise. The lower horn works great as a leg rest, heh. I was worried that the body's size might be bigger and goofy when compared to Ibanez's 540PII, but they are actually quite simular. ( see last pic) The Neck is supposedly the speed profile, but I cant really tell alot of difference other then maybe a slight flatness to the top of the curvature. Anyways it still feels good and is not a baseball bat.

Alot of unique features- blue pearloid binding, reverse pointing forward abalone inlays to match the flow of the reverse headstock. LSR tuners which I'll have to figure out come time to change the strings.

Pickups are bridge- duncan custom, mid- classic stack, neck- jazz. The custom seems fit soundwise between a JB and a Distortion.
    Now maybe I could have gone with abit hotter of a neck pickup , but for cleans it works well together with the classic stack.

Only negative is I miss the carnuba wax/ vanilla scent that comes with the Jackson molded cases, since the demon shape comes with a G&G form fitted case. But thats a pretty minor complaint :ROTF:

Cool custom you got there mikernaut

Comment

That binding looks good. This is what CS guitars are all about, getting exactly what you want with options that you would never see on a guitar otherwise. Verynice an unique.

BTW my wife really likes this guitar, must be cause it's all sparkly and well hung.:ROTF:
      Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Sorry in my opinion it looks ugly...hey but, if you like it...
        I`m more into RR style guitars
        Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

ugly? that's an awesome shape, I love mine!
          pretty damn good update of the 91 ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
            Sorry in my opinion it looks ugly...hey but, if you like it...
            I`m more into RR style guitars

Then why post? I mean that's just plain rude. This is a guitar the Mikernaut put effort and money and time into to get. That is the great thing about CS stuff, it's what the buyer wants. I have seen several CS guitars posted on here that to me are not what I would get(to put it nicely), but I would never post what you just did. Like the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, SHUT UP.
            Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Originally posted by VinceV View Post
              Then why post? I mean that's just plain rude. This is a guitar the Mikernaut put effort and money and time into to get. That is the great thing about CS stuff, it's what the buyer wants. I have seen several CS guitars posted on here that to me are not what I would get(to put it nicely), but I would never post what you just did. Like the saying goes, if you have nothing nice to say, SHUT UP.
              :ROTF: +1

also im not usually a fan of those LSR tuners, but they seem to go good with that guitar.

Comment

It's awesome.. binding looks great.. best looking custom in a while me thinks.
                äss howl

Comment

+2. Geez.

And cool guitar, dude.

Comment

If you read my post you see I only don`t like the shape...
                    but, the binding,the color and everything I think is great ...
                    Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

Nice fiddle !

Comment

Really nice idea of getting the matching bindings! CONGRATS!

Comment

Originally posted by Special-K View Post
                          If you read my post you see I only don`t like the shape...
                          but, the binding,the color and everything I think is great ...
                          not to drag this matter on or be rude or anything, but in your post you said "Sorry in my opinion it looks ugly" you didnt specify just the shape

Comment

Well I expected that some people would be repulsed seeing as it is soo totally different (shape, color, etc.). I take no offense ,cuz it's what I wanted and I love the demon shape in all it's uniqueness.

Hell I cant stand the Les Paul and tele shapes myself .

Why get a custom if your not gonna go all out right?

I'm just curious about the serial number, how do they figure them out for the Custom Shop these days? My work order was #2141 but the serial is J7118 is there any logic behind this?

Comment

i want a demon!!!

or a 540PII !!! !

!!

>.<

i hate you! lol. great little fiddle
                              You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Working...
                              X