KV2T questions/opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KV2T questions/opinions

I've always kind of wanted a short scale V shaped guitar but never really found the one to make me seriously consider it. I played a kv2t over the weekend however and it seemed really REALLY nice. It played pretty much just like my SLS which is my favorite. The strap buttons were recessed and they didn't have a strap I could put on it so had to play it sitting down, which wasn't all the comfortable. The quality of the guitar seemed outstanding and the neck seems to be the same shape as my SLS.

Have any of you played these and what did you think? How are these to play with a strap both sitting and standing? Believe it or not this would be my first ever new guitar purchase and the most expensive because so far I have gotten everything used. I figured this would be the best place to start the research I did do some searches here for older threads and so far everything seems positive about this model. Any and all opinions welcome.

Ok, I have one, love it.....here she is

The feel of the neck is somewhere between my other guitarist's Y2KV and my Warrior Pro. The frets and fretboard are extremely fast and play like butter, the inlay work is smooth and flawless with absolutely no drag. The fretwork is simply amazing. This beast has WAAAAY more growl than my KV2 or my KV Pro, this is now my best sounding guitar. The pickup choices are perfect. The stock setup is a little lower than I normally set up without any buzz or overtones. The short scale feel actually makes it feel just a little easier for a full time (no more than a) rhythm guitarist to actually lead on. The tuners are tight and have a real nice ratio, not that I'll need to turn them much other than to drop D. It stayed in tune impecibly. I don't know if it's the countersunk Dunlop strap buttons, the scale or the headstock, but it balances even better that either of my other KVs. Sitting down playing it is like most v's, but there's no strap button digging into your leg. I really like the feel of the tuneomatic bridge much more than the one on my RR5. Once I started ripping into it, it felt like it was the most naturally comfortable guitar I've ever owned. I switched it to the clean channel, it sounds full and warm, full of tone. All kinds of great tonal characteristics on all 3 pick-up positions. Strumming and fingerpicking sound equally great. This guitar is versitile as hell!!!!!!

So for my overall review, out of 5 stars I give it 10!!!!!!
    Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

That is one beautiful KV2T!
      RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
      CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
      Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
      Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

sounds like a winner...

Comment

I guess it has to do with the fact that it's made out of mahogany? (the more growl thing).

Are those jumbo frets?

Comment

Originally posted by spencer4hire View Post
            That is one beautiful KV2T!
            Thanks, she was well worth the 4 month wait

Originally posted by LEOKV2 View Post
            I guess it has to do with the fact that it's made out of mahogany? (the more growl thing).

Are those jumbo frets?
            Yes, I do believe the mahogany makes the tonal difference.....and yeah, they are jumbo frets......really polished smooth lightning fast jumbos.

In fact, anybody that has anything negative to say about USA Jacksons being made now....I challenge them to find even 1 flaw with this axe. I recommend this guitar emphatically.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

love that King V!
              My Guitars
              Hohner HW-200 (Natrual Grain)
              Slammer By Hamer XP-1 Standard (Wine Red)
              Kramer 1984 Custom (Bullseye Black)
              Squier Affinity Series P-Bass (Black)
              Epiphone Les Paul Classic (Black)
              Takamine EG531SSC (Black)
              Kramer Vanguard S-440S
              Kramer Proaxe Standard (Black Sparkle)
              Epiphone Zakk Wylde Les Paul Custom (Camo)
              Kramer F-1000 (Black)
              Ibanez RG-370 (Urban Digital Camo)

Comment

So they don't have the skinnier frets like a regular KV?
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                  So they don't have the skinnier frets like a regular KV?
                  No, they have jumbos. I like everything about the KV2T except the headstock.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

If they made standard, a King V with the following specs, I'd buy it blind folded...

1) All mahogany, neck too.
                    2) 24 frets, 25 1/2 scale (like regular KV2's)
                    3) Regular pointy headstock
                    4) Tune-o-matic/stop bar (like on Gibsons)
                    5) Beveled

Kinda like an all mahogany KV-2 but instead of alder, use mahogany, have the option of either an OFR or a tune-o-matic STOP BAR bridge.

Comment

Working...
                    X