New member: SLATQH pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member: SLATQH pictures.

I've been lurking for a while now and have been enjoying absorbing the great information/discussion on the forum, so it only seems fair that I post a few pictures. These are of my 2005 SLATQH in cherry sunburst, which I bought as NOS early in 2006.

As there's been some discussion of natural binding:

... and some discussion of the nature of "recent" archtops...

Hoping not to catch G.A.S. from you guys! All the best,

Ken

hey, welcome!

that is an awesome SLATQH!

Comment

It's one thing to avoid catching G.A.S.
      It's another to inadvertently pass it around lol

Nice...& welcome

Comment

Welcome to the board!
        You got a real beauty there, very nice!

Now about the G.A.S. ... well you now they say "resistance is futile"
        http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Hi & welcome. Nice guitar, I have one in tobacco burst finish that I love to death.

Comment

Very nice, I'd love this thread to turn into a slatqh photo display!
            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Welcome aboard, that's a really nice looking axe you have there, great photo's too.
              www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Well it's about time Welcome! That Slat is one sweet one and the cherry finish is the tits!
                Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Welcome

Awesome finished Jackson !!

Comment

Beautiful guitar!! I have one in blue with the mini hums (SLATQM). Welcome to the family -
                    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Very Pretty!!!
                      Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

I love that guitar. I used to have one when they 1st came out, and like a dumbass sold it. I have a question is the color Cherry Sunburst or Burnt Cherry Sunburst, and is the neck oiled or is it finished.

Thanks
                        Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you yunick jelly thou!

Comment

Man,thats as good as it gets!! Amazing looking. Congrats and welcome

How does it sound? If it sounds half as great as it looks... WOW

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          I've been lurking for a while now and have been enjoying absorbing the great information/discussion on the forum, so it only seems fair that I post a few pictures. These are of my 2005 SLATQH in cherry sunburst, which I bought as NOS early in 2006.

As there's been some discussion of natural binding:

... and some discussion of the nature of "recent" archtops...

Hoping not to catch G.A.S. from you guys! All the best,

Ken

Comment

Hi everyone. Thanks for the warm welcome.

The colour is Cherry Sunburst. I think the Burnt Cherry Sunburst is darker, although I've only seen SL2Hs in that finish. If someone has a BCSB SLATQH, I'd love to see photos. In fact, photos of the Budman68's SLATQM would also be appreciated!

I fell in lust with the SLATQH after seeing a picture of one in Tabacco Sunburst (good choice Tashtego), but it's a pity that the back is painted black rather than a see-through colour. I was in NY on business last year and was planning to buy a Natural one from the MusicZoo (nice guys, lovely Jacksons), but the maple top on the Cherry was nicer. As I was taking the guitar back to Ireland as luggage on a plane as an, eh, tax avoidance measure, I had to decide there and then. The Cherry Sunburst has grown on me, even though it wouldn't have been my first choice. There was a nice female rep. from Jackson there on the day too. Gave me a discount back in cash. Can't say fairer than that!

As for the neck, mine is painted:

I mailed Jackson before I bought the guitar. A helpful guy from Fender sent me back a little more information on the SLATQH than was available on the Jackson website. It included this: "COMMENTS: Switch from Oil Finish Neck, to Painted in 10/2003". So if you want an oiled neck, I guess you need to look at an older one.

For good measure, here's a photo of the headstock:

You have to love headstocks that are body coloured.

Incidentally, I've seen "natural" coloured ones with both black and MOP logos. In the mail from Fender, it also said: "DISCONTINUED COLORS: (853) Mahogany (MAH) (11/2003) P/N Switched off as it was redundant with Natural". Maybe the (older) ones with the black Jackson logo were MAH, not Natural. Of course, this is just speculation, as I certainly don't know.

Glad I actually have something to contribute to the forum, even if it is only second hand information!

Happy new year. Cheers,
                            Ken

Comment

I'm usually not a big fan of bursts, but yours is gorgeous.

Happy new year to you too Ken.

Comment

Working...
                              X