No announcement yet.

New member: SLATQH pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In fact, photos of the Budman68's SLATQM would also be appreciated!
    I sold Dave the SLATQM so I still have pics. Hope you don't mind Dave. Damn. Why did I ever let that one go.......

"My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

nice guitar there buddy. i wonder what that would with a reverse head stock
      "slappy, slappy" bill sings, happily, as he dick slaps random people on the streets of Cleveland.

Comment

Almost forgot, Nlce ax and welcome to the board Ken.
        "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

Don't mind at all, Jim, thanks for posting them. Just to show a bit of an update since the pics, here are a few updated parts I made for her:

Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

That's a really beautiful figured quilt top on your guitar Budman68. I like the dark blue back too, it gives a great contrast. Especially with the oiled neck.

Is that Abalone you used on the tipped knobs, truss rod cover and new logo? Did you only cover "Jacks" in the logo or is it an artifact of the light in the photo?

No matter what sort of music you like, it's hard to resist the pull of arched quilted maple. Fabulous.

Ken

Comment

Incidentally, Mr Burns, the SLATQH plays beautifully. The maple top / mahogany body gives it a great tone, even unplugged. It really is a great guitar. Although, at least for me, it doesn't demand you shred.

I have to admit that for no real tangible reason I prefer how my other Jackson, a KV2, plays. Maybe it's the alder, the different neck profile, or perhaps the thinner fret wire? If only you could sit down comfortably and
              play the blasted thing. How things could have been different if Mustaine played the Kelly and Friedman played the King V!

Now, I must go drool on the pictures of Chlorine RR. Wow.

Ken

Comment

Welcome Ken, great looking SLATQH! I like the model so much that I have a couple of pictures of former (?) JCF member fzrod's axe saved on my hard drive. I'll risk it and post them for your viewing pleasure (without asking for permission):

Last edited by jackson1; 01-01-2007, 03:48 PM.
                Henrik
                AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Beautiful guitar...
                  Welcome to the family
                  Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

How do those p90's sound in that slatqh? Looks killer!
                    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                      That's a really beautiful figured quilt top on your guitar Budman68. I like the dark blue back too, it gives a great contrast. Especially with the oiled neck.

Is that Abalone you used on the tipped knobs, truss rod cover and new logo? Did you only cover "Jacks" in the logo or is it an artifact of the light in the photo?

No matter what sort of music you like, it's hard to resist the pull of arched quilted maple. Fabulous.

Ken
                      Thanks, Ken, actually everything is original except the brass switch tip and the abablone truss rod cover.
                      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

slat's are awesome guitars. no doubt about it.
                        I still couldn't believe they didn't sell well so j/c had to discontinue it. for their average price, they should kick the crap out of PRS CU22.
                        I was looking slat and sls for a long while until I bought an sls.
                        if there's a JB at bridge you might want to try something else. like a custom5 or a pearly gate like my sls. you should get a lot more versatiity than with a JB. imho

Comment

Indeed very nice guitars...

Comment

The green one appears to be a 24 fret. Wonder why/when they decided to move to 22?

Also, I don't know what the etiquette is for this: there are great pictures of a Natural one on ebay.co.uk. It ships from Ireland, but is nothing to do with me. Mad price too... but it sure is pretty.

Thanks for all the photos. Just when I thought I could move on to lusting after something else, now I want a tabacoo one, a green one, a blue one.

This forum should have a warning: may be bad for your (financial) health!

Ken

Comment

Welcome and love your AXe....is it an oiled neck?

Comment

Ahh.. killer.. KILLER TOPS!

Comment

Working...
                                X