• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice man. My favorite color too.

Comment

welcome m8 top place here.very sexy axe u have
      my kids go without food so i can collect guitars

Comment

Beautiful guitars congrats! I have been into these SLATQH's since they came out, (I have owned many including SLAT90's) I think they are the ultimate guitar. I have a collection of naturals that I would like to share with you guys... how can I host my photos??

Comment

pardon my lack of knowledge, what is the abbrevation for? it's definition?

Thanks and nice guitar!!

Comment

SLATQH : Soloist Archtop Quilt Humbuckers ( I believe)

Comment

thanks!!

Comment

Originally posted by SLATQH View Post
                Beautiful guitars congrats! I have been into these SLATQH's since they came out, (I have owned many including SLAT90's) I think they are the ultimate guitar. I have a collection of naturals that I would like to share with you guys... how can I host my photos??
                I thought we had a sticky about photo hosting... but I can't seem to find it. Anyway, just go to >www.photobucket.com< or >www.imageshack.us<, upload your pics then copy and paste the IMG tags back here.
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Thanks! OK, here they are...

Comment

Oh. My. Gawd.

That's an INSANE collection. You do like those naturals! Do you have seven in every other finish too?!

They all look a little different hardware-wise and there's a real range of quilts in the tops. Is that why you kept picking them up?

That's awesome. Seriously. Thanks for the pictures.

Comment

I can't believe I've missed this thread until now. ken, HOLY $H!T that is one hot lady you have there

I love SLATQHs, and have never seen one in a burst color before. That there is one fine piece of wood.

I hate you, you know that right?

Congrats.

Comment

Nice geetars!

Comment

Holy crap!
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Originally posted by npacheco View Post
                            I can't believe I've missed this thread until now. ken, HOLY $H!T that is one hot lady you have there

I love SLATQHs, and have never seen one in a burst color before. That there is one fine piece of wood.

I hate you, you know that right?

Congrats.
                            Thanks man! It doesn't get as much play time as it should, but it sure is pretty.

Comment

Thanks ken,

I just love the raw natural wood! Each one of them is a real player and they each feel just a bit different. The necks are unreal on these SLATQH's as you know. I have two with painted necks the rest are oiled. Yes the quilts do vary & they look different from day to day. I just picked up the ones (that I could find) that had a quilt that apealed to me. I put black hardware on one, cream pickup rings, gold pick up covers, different knobs, just to try different looks. Some were built in '02 and some in '05.
                              The only other guitar that I have is a PRS Hollowbody spruce.

Comment

Originally posted by SLATQH View Post
                                I just love the raw natural wood! Each one of them is a real player and they each feel just a bit different. The necks are unreal on these SLATQH's as you know. I have two with painted necks the rest are oiled. Yes the quilts do vary & they look different from day to day. I just picked up the ones (that I could find) that had a quilt that apealed to me. I put black hardware on one, cream pickup rings, gold pick up covers, different knobs, just to try different looks. Some were built in '02 and some in '05.
                                The only other guitar that I have is a PRS Hollowbody spruce.
                                Well there's no doubt that you know what you like! But the pics did blow me away. I can totally understand your obsession with the naturals and you really seem to have the full gamut of quilts. As I said, simply awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Incidentally, I wanted a natural one, but when I got to the shop and saw it in person, the quilt was (IMO) far nicer on the cherry burst they had, so I bought it instead. I also like the Tabacco Burst, it's just a shame the back is painted black.

What are you going to do now that they don't make them anymore?! Last year a Jackson rep. told me that they were planning an archtop replacement, though as it hasn't appeared at NAMM, maybe it won't happen? You haven't fallen for the natural Sweetone yet, have you!

If you add further to your collection, be sure to post new pics in this thread!

Comment

Working...
                                X