No announcement yet.

New member: SLATQH pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still search for more once in a while but I may start selling off a few of these.

I once had a Tobacco that had a dark brown back & not the black painted back.

I was obsessed with Swee-Tones as well at one time. I had six and a Jazz'r at one time, I did have a beautifull natural one, #25 shown at the 2002 NAMM show. The top on this was more of a flame and did not have any quilt. These are amazing guitars as well, highly under rated. I eventually sold them off because the STATQ's were better players, but I still think they are great addition to any collection.

I do not think I will be adding to the collection soon, my New Years resolution was "not to buy any guitars in '07", trying to kick the addiction and focus more on PLAYING!

Comment

Gotta ask the question and have never had it answered yet.

So....

Has anyone EVER seen a SLATQH in trans-black WITH an oiled neck? I've seen most of the other finishes w/ oiled necks but NEVER the trans-black. This is one of my most desirable guitars but I'm not sure if it was ever even produced.

Comment

Originally posted by Thrust View Post
        Gotta ask the question and have never had it answered yet.

So....

Has anyone EVER seen a SLATQH in trans-black WITH an oiled neck? I've seen most of the other finishes w/ oiled necks but NEVER the trans-black. This is one of my most desirable guitars but I'm not sure if it was ever even produced.
        The short answer is no, I haven't seen an SLATQH in trans-black with an oiled neck. Indeed, I've never seen one in trans. black at all in real life! However, I expect they exist. As I said in an earlier post, I got the SLATQH file from a chap at Fender. It had this in it:

COMMENTS: Switch from Oil Finish Neck, to Painted in 10/2003.

So I guess you're looking for a pre 10 '03 guitar. Surely someone on the board can sort this out with a picture of a trans. black one from before then?

Comment

I have a lefty SLATQH in blue. I would post a pic but I am not allowed. Why can I not post attachments?
          http://www.trevor-jordan.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Trev57 View Post
            I have a lefty SLATQH in blue. I would post a pic but I am not allowed. Why can I not post attachments?
            We'd love to see pictures of your guitar! Thanks for trying to post them.

You have to host your photos elsewhere, somewhere where they're permanently online. They're just embedded here. See post 38 in this discussion (page 2) and the following thread entitled " NOTP's complete picture posting tutorial" (it's a sticky thread. in the non j/c related talk - m2pmd70):

This is turning into the mother of all SLATQH threads. Excellent.

Comment

I would like to see one with the unfinished neck? anyone have a pic of an early one?

Comment

I have only seen two Trans Blacks and both had painted necks.

Comment

Here's some Trans Black info
                  All are just past the 10/03 changeover, but only 2 confirmed as painted.

JA0337 - Painted Neck
                  JA0357 - ? (1/04)
                  JA0368 - Painted Neck
                  JA0370 - ? (7/04)
                  JA0384 - ? (5/04)

Also have seen one with mini-hums, now that one very likely is unpainted.
                  But technically is not a 'QH'

10/03 date is confusing, as some may be ordered 9/03, and deliver 12 months later as old style? I've seen some cross over, but not many.

I thought I might have had at least 1 pic of black and unpainted, but ain't got it 8(.

Comment

Originally posted by audiophile View Post
                    10/03 date is confusing, as some may be ordered 9/03, and deliver 12 months later as old style? I've seen some cross over, but not many.
                    That's a good point. I wonder did they stick the date of the decision to change to painted in the file or the date of the actual changeover?

I guess it does at least suggest that if any trans. black one has an oiled neck, it's likely to be an older one.

Thanks for all the other information too!

Comment

Thanks for the info on the trans-black. There's a trans-black hanging (NOS) at the local dealer but it's a painted neck

Comment

If this helps, on the oiled/painted change over:

of my naturals:

JA0303 6/19/03 Oiled

JA0317 9/25/03 Painted

Comment

Awesome guitars dudes! Actually they are so beautiful I would be afraid to play them!

Comment

I have a black one, and it has the painted neck. I found pix on the internet of a black one with the oiled neck, but the back of the neck was black even where there was the oiled finish...............

Comment

Originally posted by Accept2 View Post
                              I have a black one, and it has the painted neck. I found pix on the internet of a black one with the oiled neck, but the back of the neck was black even where there was the oiled finish...............
                              I'm not sure I understand what you mean? Was it "dyed" and then oiled? Can you send me the pic (or link to the pic)?

Comment

I was thinking it was stained black then oiled, but it looks like it was in fact painted as well, sans gloss in the playing portion of the neck. I would definately prefer that to mine which has the black paint, all glossed on the back of the neck..............

Comment

Working...
                                X