Jackson USA hardshell cases...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson USA hardshell cases...

Sorry for my words... but these SUCK! I believe they're SKB cases right? I must say that they are really low quality, here's my story.

I've have my KV-2 for almost a year now.

After 6 months, one day, I had the case open while going through my stuff inside (picks, tuner, warranty card, etc) and suddenly SNAP! the case's nylon side straps (the ones that hold the case open at 90°) SNAPPED and the case opened wide like a book!

So I had to re-glue them with silicone and well, after like 2 months one of the stripes re-snapped again, I think I'm gonna have them screwed to the case so that they won't snap again for ever more.

Today I picked up my guitar from my room to go downstairs and practice a bit and guess what... I lifted the case and on the floor there it was... one of the metal studs that are at the bottom

Now, I don't move the guitar that much, I basically play like once or twice a week inside my room or somewhere in my house, and well, I don't think it justifies for the kind of apparent "abuse" the case is showing, right? Plus, on top of that, the case smells like cat piss! Yeah!, if you smell the blue stuff, it smells like piss, not that "noticeable" but yeah, it smells like it.

I really think Jackson should upgrade to a better case company, after all they charge around 2 grand average per guitar, and companies like Gibson offer the TKL cases for most of their guitars, including the Explorers and V's whcih cost less than 1300 bucks. When I had my Gibson, the case sucked because it had this "tolex" covering which became all scratched and the "gold" hardware became all tarnished and the Gibson logo was all faded... BUT It never failed as a case in terms of like, not working properly, and you got to love that combination lock... Is it just me or this is a common idea/event?

too bad i didn't save those photos of my JCC917 cases (all 3 not moulded properly. the third looked like someone threw it out of the 5th floor). and these jackson cases are NOT cheap when you're living in the UK. 200 quid?! it weighs a ton, and then you can't get the bastard guitar IN there. didn't get any cat piss though. that's a custom upcharge over here
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I haven't had one break yet. The ABS panels are rather weak IMO, especially on the large cases for RR's and KV's. I agree there are better cases out there. For the guitars I build, I use Gator cases. Best quality I've found out there in a ABS molded case. They have ridges molded in that increase the rigidity of the ABS, and the hardware is slightly better. J/C should take a look at a new supplier. There is better quality to be had.
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

While my cases are all just fine (I have all 3, G&G, Older "Chainsaws" and newer SKBs), I do agree that SKB needs to get their act together or Jackson needs to look elsewhere for a higher quality at a comparable price, for example Gator or Coffin.

Comment

tim.. is there a possibility of you selling me on of the chainsaw cases?
          You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

I've not had any real problems with either of my cases so far. Both are SKB I think. Both have been brought through from the US and they get carried a good deal in cars and buses. They have a few marks on the outside but no danage yet.
            Does anyone else find the only open to 90 degress thing annoying? Half the time the case tries to close itself again when I'm puttting a guitar in and it makes it a little more awkward too.

Comment

If you want a good case for your $2000+ guitar buy a Anvil or a copy of a Anvil. They 're not that much more and will protect your guitar.

Comment

Originally posted by Davey View Post
                tim.. is there a possibility of you selling me on of the chainsaw cases?
                No, as I much prefer them for their portability and (at least for me) durability, I´d rather have more of them

Comment

Have you seen the leather bound gator cases they are sweet.I got one for $101.00.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I bought a replacement case from Musicans Friend for my Custom Shop Dinky Reverse and the body won't fit. So, I sent it back and got another one, and the same thing happened. If I forced it in the case it would bust the neck off.

Comment

Working...
                    X