RR1 vs. ESP Alexi Laiho RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Megadeth79 View Post
    The prices are lowered in 2007 , 2k for a Laiho signature.
    still too much IMO. take off about 2 or 300 more for the fact it only has the EMG HZ and no PA-2 boost like Alexi's really has, then maybe ill believe it!
    My metal band Lucian Scott
    Debut Album Defiance on the Steps of Heaven
    Available Now!
    New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Soundclick page : clips and jams

Comment

Originally posted by soc_monki View Post
      still too much IMO. take off about 2 or 300 more for the fact it only has the EMG HZ and no PA-2 boost like Alexi's really has, then maybe ill believe it!
      Yeah really! 1200 for Jackson RR24-emg 81 or 2000 for Alexi Esp- emg-hz.

BTW, I dont really think the build quality of an ESP is SO much better than a Jackson if they both come out of a custom shop. You can only build a guitar so well.

Comment

ESP Custom Shops' are abit better built imo. Fret work one of the best i've seen. But Jacksons are better tone wise.

Comment

That bottom cutout on the ESP Laiho is ugly as can be. I own both Jacksons and ESPs although not specifically a Laiho model. The ESPs are nice too but I'll stick with my Jacksons anyday. The ESPs I've played varied greatly, Jacksons seem to be a lot more consistent to me.
          Again, the Jackson Rhoads is also MUCH better looking than the ESP Laiho to me.

Rudy
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

As long as you doesn´t need those 2 extra frets, why get a copy over the original?

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
              As long as you doesn´t need those 2 extra frets, why get a copy over the original?
              Maybe he don't need those neck pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by rocksoldier View Post
                I have an RR3 now, and a DX10, and i can honestly say there are a LOT of times i wish i had 24 frets on my RR. when i get my RR24 it will be the best of both worlds...24 frets, RR body, one pickup, one volume, and an OFR. thats all i really need (because i rarely use the neck pickup) and i was going to one day get a custom guitar made to those specs. dont need to anymore
                Available Now!
                New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

To me, guitars are more than just instruments. They are an extension of you and the artist that inspired them. When you play a Rhoads, there's a piece of Randy in it, there's a nod to him with every note you play. With that ESP, Alexi doesn't have the time logged to be an inspiration like Rhoads. And that ESP is a rip off of the Rhoads, it's a copy. 10 or 15 years from now maybe he will be about 1/3 of the way as legendary as Randy Rhoads. But for now, ESP and Alexi are a flash in the pan...
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I have an RR3 now, and a DX10, and i can honestly say there are a LOT of times i wish i had 24 frets on my RR. when i get my RR24 it will be the best of both worlds...24 frets, RR body, one pickup, one volume, and an OFR. thats all i really need (because i rarely use the neck pickup) and i was going to one day get a custom guitar made to those specs. dont need to anymore

you forgot the correct logo on the headstock.
                    "Better to Die Quickly Fighting on Your Feet
                    Than to Live Forever Begging on You Knees."-LoG

R.I.P.
                    Dimebag Darrell
                    Chuck Schuldiner
                    Cliff Burton

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                      To me, guitars are more than just instruments. They are an extension of you and the artist that inspired them. When you play a Rhoads, there's a piece of Randy in it, there's a nod to him with every note you play. With that ESP, Alexi doesn't have the time logged to be an inspiration like Rhoads. And that ESP is a rip off of the Rhoads, it's a copy. 10 or 15 years from now maybe he will be about 1/3 of the way as legendary as Randy Rhoads. But for now, ESP and Alexi are a flash in the pan...
                      while i agree with most of what you say, I have to believe that Alexi plays the guitar he does because he was inspired by Randy (as well as Roope who played the RR's before Alexi did). i dont think Alexi will ever be as big an inspiration as Randy, simply because Randy was an innovator when he hit the scene. Alexi is good in his own way, and has his own style, but the shred thing is much more widespread than it was in RR's day. so Alexi wont have as much impact.

but you cant say that Alexi hasnt inspired many young kids to pick up guitar. he has. playing a copy or not. he got me to kick up my game
                      Available Now!
                      New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by TrendkillDBD View Post
                        you forgot the correct logo on the headstock.
                        oh yea, that too LOL
                        Available Now!
                        New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                          It`s true, it`s true
                          Cold Hollow Machinery

Comment

while i agree with most of what you say, I have to believe that Alexi plays the guitar he does because he was inspired by Randy (as well as Roope who played the RR's before Alexi did). i dont think Alexi will ever be as big an inspiration as Randy, simply because Randy was an innovator when he hit the scene. Alexi is good in his own way, and has his own style, but the shred thing is much more widespread than it was in RR's day. so Alexi wont have as much impact.

but you cant say that Alexi hasnt inspired many young kids to pick up guitar. he has. playing a copy or not. he got me to kick up my game
                            Alexi is certainly inspiring loads of kids to play right now. But Joe's right - in 10-15 years, guitar mags will still be running commemorative covers of Randy, and Alexi will be like a lot of damn good metal guitarists from the late 80s/early 90s. Folks who know their history will know who he is and appreciate his abilities and his music, but the next generation will have new heroes and Alexi will be a footnote in 00's metal lore
                            Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
                              Alexi is certainly inspiring loads of kids to play right now. But Joe's right - in 10-15 years, guitar mags will still be running commemorative covers of Randy, and Alexi will be like a lot of damn good metal guitarists from the late 80s/early 90s. Folks who know their history will know who he is and appreciate his abilities and his music, but the next generation will have new heroes and Alexi will be a footnote in 00's metal lore
                              sadly, that is true. but thats the way it is with innovators (like Randy) and just good guitarists (like Alexi). to me, it doesnt matter. i like who i like and dont care what anyone says. in 10-15 years ill still be digging Alexi, and Randy, and Dime, and Petrucci, Vai, Loomis...and im honestly looking forward to whats gonna come next in terms of great players. or if were gonna have another "grunge" period. stuff goes in circles...right now great playing seems pretty big and is on the upswing...weve had the emo/screamo stuff come along, and the retro stuff, and good playing is still in an ok state. i just hope it stays that way!
                              Available Now!
                              New Album Coming Soon!

Lucian Scott Soundclick

Comment

Originally posted by MetalGrasshopper View Post
                                The USA Alexi is made in Japan. What he means is that there's an Alexi model made specifically for US market, with the longer short wing so that ESP won't incur the wrath of Jackson's lawyers.
                                The Japanese market versions also have the gold and chrome hardware specific to the paint finishes. The US market ones have black only. The US Black & yellow one doesn't look nearly as good as the Japanes one with gold hardware. Also no pinstripe finishes for the US market ones.

Comment

Working...
                                X