Jackson Model Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Model Question

Hey guys, I'm mostly a reader here, haven't posted much.. Had a question if you could help, is this a dinky or a fusion or ?? Serial: #001233, it has 'Jackson - Made In The USA' on a all birdseye maple neck/fingerboard. Scale is 16.48 at the 18th fret. Its hard for me to tell, it had origionally a skull design graphic, but was painted over like 3 times! Without stripping it down! The body looks like it was all one piece after taking the paint all off (It was damaged, so had to repair it) Thanks for any input!

Well unless it was a true custom shop you can rule out a Fusion as they only came with ebony boards. You really need to post a picture to help get more help.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Did they? Well it must be a Dinky then, the serial from the chart looks to be a '91 bolt on. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Production import Fusions also came with maple boards, but not figured.
        My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Never saw a Fusion from that time with a maple board. I thought they only did that on the Dinkys? The Color Dragons I had were both Dinkys (one had a birdseye neck and board).

Anyhoo, from the serials of guitars I've had as well as those of other members here over the years, Dinkys appear to have started somewhere around 001000 or 001100, and anything up to that point was a Fusion.
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
          X