Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Though it isn't new, feels like new guitar day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Though it isn't new, feels like new guitar day!

I traded JCF member Alvin Wilson my pearl professional soloist for this fine axe.

'87 Jackson H-S-S(originally a JT6) red of course with a FAT FAT maple neck. It used to have a jackson "behind the nut" stringlock...and a black floyd that I bought used. It had a lot of sensitivity to bends and forget using the trem(it'd go sharp or flat)(this is not the first guitar i'd had this problem with).

I had the frets leveled/crowned and polished when i first took ownership and explained the problem to my tech(who thanked me by getting another floyded axe!) and he said it could be the studs, install OFR studs and a "Shelf" floyd nut. Sounded good to me.

Many months have gone by, and it's finally there. Beautiful playability, slam the floyd as hard as you like, it is NOT moving, even if you go back.

The backshape is far fuller than any jackson i'd ever played...making it very unique.

It was well worth the wait. A much better look with the chrome floyd for sure.

Have a look-see:

I Love this guitar!!!

Nice looking guitar, congrats!
    Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

It plays as good as it looks! VERY diverse sound also.

Sometimes I like to play clean stuff with chorus going through. Whatever these pups are, they do a nice job with that as well.

I'm a VERY happy camper today!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jcm800x View Post
        Nice looking guitar, congrats!
        ditto

Comment

Working...
        X