X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finishes used by Jackson

Hey guys

I'm just trying to get an idea of what type of finish the company uses,

I'd like to know what brand and if anyone knows how they cure the clear coat.

I'd like to know as it seems that the clear and base coats that the usa jacksons have is really tough, and in some cases the clear is VERY thick.

I just witnessed two very recent soloists, one a floyd and one a string though, the floyd was a natural and the string through a trans green, that the clear coat is really thick to my eyes, in some areas where it pools around near the binding and on the end of the binding by the neck pickup, it just looks very very thick.

just curious as I'd like to use this clear coat myself.

Anyhow, thanks for the time, and sorry if it's a dumbass question.

Chris

Not a dumb question at all. It is the same catalyzed poly clear used in automotive finishing. There are tons of brands, most of which are good. I won't go into the safety factors involved with spraying the stuff (again), but google the term "isocyanates" and you'll learn more than you ever wanted to know.
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

mm2002

Is this the same stuff you mentioned in your PM to me? I'm just interested as I want to finish the guitars I'm building in a more durable fashion, and I do NOT like using nitro, It's easy to work with, but I just don't like how sticky it remains!

Thanks for the heads up

Chris

Comment

PLEASE HELP!! I have a Mustaine Y2K that the previous owner scratched up real bad, down to the wood!! I need to located some of the black pearl paint so I can have it fixed. Anyone know where to find some?

Comment

Tim Wilson has told me before that they prefer PPG paint. Don't know if that helps you any. At the time I was inquiring because I wanted to send them my own paint which they did use on my custom shop 24 fret Rhoads

Rudy
          www.wickedrocks.com
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by SpiralArchitect View Post
            mm2002

Is this the same stuff you mentioned in your PM to me? I'm just interested as I want to finish the guitars I'm building in a more durable fashion, and I do NOT like using nitro, It's easy to work with, but I just don't like how sticky it remains!

Thanks for the heads up

Chris
            Yes Chris, same stuff. I don't like nitro either (or any lacquer for that matter)
            My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Working...
            X