• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by S-man View Post
    Bridge : Seymour Duncan JB TB4 Humbucking Pickup

Neck : Seymour Duncan ‘59 SH1N Humbucking Pickup

The neck pup is standard spacing.

The bridge pickup is F-spaced.

The guitar is brand new and completely stock.

It is a SL2H BGF.
    I think the Duncan '59 usually does NOT have the name on the lower pickup bobbin. So what you have is probably normal.

As for the bridge pick. I have an RR3 and purpously went out and bought a trembucker Duncan Distortion for it so the poles would line up AND THEY STILL DIDN'T. They did line up better than the regular Duncan Dist. I had in there but it still wasn't right. I did notice that the pickup was "shifted" a little to the right, so what I did was to take out the pickup and SLIGHTLY bend the metal brackets where the pickup height screws go in. I shifted them slightly so what it did was basically shift the base of the pickup to the left thus making the poles line up better. I did this a few times until I had the poles lined up as best as they could be. Looks much better now and now I'm not so anal with it anymore.

Hope this helps!
    Guitars:
    Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
    1988 Model 2,
    Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
    RR3
    Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
    1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
    2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by quakana View Post
      Whats more disturbing is that avatar of yours ....scanners right?
      No, that's just a picture of what can happen when innocent bystanders are exposed to the Jackson experience.

Seriously, it Is scanners.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrnic View Post
        I think the Duncan '59 usually does NOT have the name on the lower pickup bobbin. So what you have is probably normal.

As for the bridge pick. I have an RR3 and purpously went out and bought a trembucker Duncan Distortion for it so the poles would line up AND THEY STILL DIDN'T. They did line up better than the regular Duncan Dist. I had in there but it still wasn't right. I did notice that the pickup was "shifted" a little to the right, so what I did was to take out the pickup and SLIGHTLY bend the metal brackets where the pickup height screws go in. I shifted them slightly so what it did was basically shift the base of the pickup to the left thus making the poles line up better. I did this a few times until I had the poles lined up as best as they could be. Looks much better now and now I'm not so anal with it anymore.

Hope this helps!
        Thanks for the advice. I already checked that out and the pickup route won't allow me to "shift" the pup.

I appreciate the help.
        sigpic

Comment

Suprisingly no one has mentionted the strings look like they are shifted to the treble side. You can see it in the picture of the bridge pup.

I took the guitar to an authorized service center and showed the guy the pups and string alignment. He said "take it back". I've ony had the guitar since thursday.

So, I'm sending it back. The replacement should be here around 2-11-07.

Even with thte minor flaws, the gutar plays and sounds nice. The pup alignment isn't really enough to make a differance in the sound. Though the string alignment allows the E (treble side) to fall off the edge of the fret board, which can be annoying.
          sigpic

Comment

Hummm.....that complaint (strings shifted to one side) seems to arise more than I'd like to hear.

Comment

I think I see the problem.

The neck isn't set correctly on the body. If the neck was moved to the treble side, everything would line up.

Or move the route for the trem and pups to the bass side of the body.

Or maybe I'm crazy?
              sigpic

Comment

Well, just take it back.

And,just for future reference, this is Ibz_rg.
                My Main Rig:
                '87 Charvel Model 4A
                Peavey KB100 amp
                Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

I don't think you're crazy at all. All you have to do is look at how the strings are lined up to the fretboard and it's easy to see, at least for me anyway....

With all the times we've been seeing this lately, They should ask Floyd Rose to make a Kahler designed saddle so that they can just shift the whole string spacing to left or to the right-
                  Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Originally posted by chvl_91 View Post
                    Well, just take it back.

And,just for future reference, this is Ibz_rg.

That's what I'm gonna do. The new one should be here around the 11th.

Ibz_rg....cool. I knew there were a couple/few of people here, that were on the other forums.
                    sigpic

Comment

Proud Charvel owner! Nice Jackson, too. Well, whenever your new one gets there.
                      My Main Rig:
                      '87 Charvel Model 4A
                      Peavey KB100 amp
                      Ibanez SM7 Smashbox

Others:
                      '92 Gibson Les Paul Custom
                      '05 Ibanez RG320FM
                      '86 Ovation Pinnacle
                      '98 Synsonics Custom Strat
                      '89 Kramer 700ST Bass

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                        I don't think you're crazy at all. All you have to do is look at how the strings are lined up to the fretboard and it's easy to see, at least for me anyway....

With all the times we've been seeing this lately, They should ask Floyd Rose to make a Kahler designed saddle so that they can just shift the whole string spacing to left or to the right-
                        Yeah, I remember that about the khaler. I still have a guitar with the Original Kahler. It's about 24 or 5 years old. I can't remember.

I'm glad I'm not going crazy.
                        sigpic

Comment

The vibrating string above a magentic pole should be even on both sides. If the string is no centered on the pole, it would not sound right. It's like an "8". http://www.school-for-champions.com/...m#Wave%20forms The cheap excuse for being off center is it doesn't matter when you turn the amp to "11".
                          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out lined up pole pieces are better than misaligned.

sigpic

Comment

No , but it helps to know why. Smart guy. And that's Brain Sturgeon to you.
                              Last edited by fett; 01-30-2007, 07:20 PM.
                              I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

True. I'm an electrician, so I know why, at least in my mind.

But I think It was worth pointing out. Nice Link.

So ...thanks.

Everything is a wave/frequency of some sort...I think....I'm not sure...oh well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X