urgent help...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• urgent help...

Hello a buddy of mine is buying either a Jackson SL3 or RR24 (both imports) he is all set, but, he NEEDS to know if the trems on those are the ORIGINAL FR Trem we have on our USA Jacksons.

Help please...

Both have floyds

Comment

Originals? The same as on the USA Jacksons? (OFR)

Comment

Not an OFR its a FRT-O2000

Comment

No, both have "licensed by" Floyds.
          Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
            No, both have "licensed by" Floyds.
            Pretty sure they are real Floyds, just not sure if the FRT-O2000 is the same as an OFR. Not sure why they would state OFR on the USA select model and FRT-O2000 on the imports but pretty sure the FRT-O2000 is not a "licenced" model but an actual floyd

Comment

FRT-200 is Floyd rose's part number for the OFR. There is a pro version but I can not find the part number for that. So I think the FRT-O2000 is a real floyd. Maybe its Jacksons part number for the OFR or maybe its a Floyd Pro, either way its a real floyd

Comment

The RR24 is supposed to have an OFR. The SL3 has a Jackson JT-580LP... unless they changed the newer models.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah the newer models have the floyd and the FRT-O2000 seems to be an OFR but not 100% sure as you can tell in my previous posts

Comment

Hmm, I just checked the catalog... any model with a real Floyd says FR Original, the models with the JT580LP say JT580LP DLT, and the SL3 says FR FRT-O2000 DLT. Strange.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Yeah I am wondering if the FRT-O2000 is Jacksons part number for the OFR??
                      But it is definatly a floyd producut and looks exacltly like the OFR.My bet would be its an OFR at this point

Comment

Thanks guys, for the quick help (like 2 mins after I posted this!). My friend's been reading this topic... but I'm talking him into getting a real Jackson, save up a few more bucks, have patience, etc. Let's hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                        X