Mustaine's KV1 arrives!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustaine's KV1 arrives!

I won this guitar on Ebay from Eric who got it from Mustaine in 2000. The guitar had just been sitting in the case and I got it just the way it was when Dave let go of it.
    This guitar was built in 1997 for Dave with a Floyd Rose instead of Kahler fixed bridge (note that the current KV-2 wasn't yet invented back then). This was his main player during most 97-99 gigs.

Then for some live pics of Dave playing it on Cryptic Writings and Risk tours...

On this early pic the guitar still has the original tuners. They were changed to LSR soon. Screwholes from old tuners are visible on the back of headstock.

See those wristbands that Dave uses in the pics - there was a pair in the case!!!

Now I can play much better!

One interesting thing about the guitar is that the neck pickup is reversed. This "feature" is also mentioned in the Young Guitar mag gear report that Toru translated for me. Thanks bro!
    Here is the guitar from different Megadeth gear reports:

And finally some awesome YouTube videos of the guitar in action.
    Monsters of Rock 98 "Wake Up Dead"
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Woodstock 99 opening song "Holy Wars"!!!
    Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    My band here -> http://www.diceoffate.com/

COOLNESS!!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I couldn't be more jealous right know.. that's the dream right there.. SHIT!
      äss howl

Comment

How do you like the LSR's? Was thinking of getting some.

Comment

Now is it going to just sit in the case or is it gonna get played?
          Nice score.
          www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

Thanks all!
            LSRs are great once You learn how to use them and they look damn good IMO.
            This will get played a lot! It will need some fret levelling though - there are heavy curves on the first frets.
            I still can't believe that noone else bid on this thing. Ebay is a strange place sometimes.

Comment

CONGRATS JANI!!! AWESOME SCORE.....as usual!

Comment

How much did you end up paying Jani? GREAT CATCH!! I can't tell you how jealous I am right now!
                My bands page: www.myspace.com/wartexmetal

Comment

Very cool axe...thanks for the info on the LSRs

Comment

Originally posted by MortenP View Post
                    How much did you end up paying Jani? GREAT CATCH!! I can't tell you how jealous I am right now!
                    Auction reserve was 2500usd and that's where the bidding went. Add shipping and taxes on top. With the current Euro to USD exchange rate the total was not bad at all considering the history of the guitar. I rather take 3-4 of these than a new NAMM Archtop.

Comment

Congrats, Jani. Great addition to the collection.
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah that is an awesome piece to have Congrats.

Comment

Congrats on another killer guitar!

Comment

Wow, awsome score!
                            Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

Son Of Spy
                              1976 Gibson Mk53
                              1988 Charvel Model 3
                              1993 Jackson Dinky Reverse (DR5)

Questions are a burden to others; answers are a prison for oneself.

Comment

Working...
                              X