Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR Rhoads guitar advice, RR1

Hello,

I am in the process of buying a new Jackson SLA2H in metallic black but also want to get Rhoads V.

I currently have a DKMGFFT that is a nice guitar and really like the Jackson Radius and playability.

I am looking at the RR1 and trying to decide if want to spend almost 2K on it. I am also looking at the RR3 and RR5 both in black, but not a fan of the gold hardware on the black RR5...

I am wondering about the overall playability and quality between the RR3 and RR1? I have never owned a V but am really wanting to get one.

Looking for opinions on this...

Thanks,

Steve

The RR1 and RR3 are like night and day IMO. The RR5 is a great choice if you can get over the Brass hardware, I personally like it. The RR1 costs that much because it is indeed a high quality instrument. Split the middle and pick up an RR5. I think you'll be happy.

Comment

it just depends on how much you wanna spend to get into a rr. if you got a big wallet i say go for the rr1. but and rr5 is still a great guitar, i say that cause i have one
      dk-1 pile of skulls
      dk-2m white
      dkmg- black forest
      rr-1 black w/gold pins
      charvel custom white w/bloodsplatter strat
      p.o.s. randall halfstack
      peavey 5150

Comment

there can be only 1.............

the RR1 hands down........
        “The modern definition of "racist" is "someone who is winning an argument with a liberal”

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.C View Post
          there can be only 1.............

the RR1 hands down........
          +1 I bought a RR1, then a month later a RR1T. Just flat awesome. My first V's ever.
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Thanks for the advice so far. I am fairly sure it is going to be and RR1....I am just dying to have one of these guitars...

My collection is just continuing to grow to an outrageous number of guitars.

Steve

Comment

Buy a used RR1 you can get one in excellent condition for about as much as an RR5...I did:

I would so snatch that up it if were 24 frets

I'm out like Axl Rose just before a GNR concert

Comment

+1 There are a lot used RR´s in Ebay and some of them are really cheap (depends on the condition)...

Comment

i got my 1998 RR1 on ebay a couple years a go for 900 bux including shipping, had a small chip in the paint on the neck by the second fret. its a killer axe!!

subscribe to my youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/deathmetal44
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1P-TymW-84g
                  www.soundclick.com/gothmetalshredder

Comment

You say you've never owned a V, have you at least played one? Just asking because they are a different animal and not for everyone. If you haven't, then try to find a store to try 'em out (standing, with a strap - very important) or buy from somewhere with a return policy. Just saying, I wouldn't want to drop 2K on a guitar I didn't end up liking, then being stuck with it.
                    Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Oh yeah about the guitars themselves -lol. You didn't mention if a trem is a requirement? If so, the RR5 is out then. Plus there are two other options - Kevin Bond RR and the new RR24. It all depends on if you want a trem, one or two pups, and how much you want to spend!
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

I have played one before and looked at them again at NAMM a few weeks ago. Definitely want the tremolo.
                        Just waiting for IRS refund then will take the plunge...

Thanks,

Steve

Comment

Go with RR24 it's a nice guitar for what I can say (never tried one of course) and it's cheap
                          SEPTYCAL GORGE MySpace page
                          SEPTYCAL GORGE official website

Comment

Keep a used Rhoads Pro in mind as well, they're great.
                            Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Originally posted by kinde69 View Post
                              +1 There are a lot used RR´s in Ebay and some of them are really cheap (depends on the condition)...
                              Yep ... There is a LTD Rhoads on eBay now .. wish I had the money!! Also, craigslist in your area may have some deals from time to time. There is a black metal flake RR1 in here in Vegas I may have to take a ride out to see.

Comment

Working...
                              X