Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the USA Warrior Neck profile the same as a Soloist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the USA Warrior Neck profile the same as a Soloist?

Just curious. I'm seriously starting to get the itch for a USA Warrior now. So for those of you who own both, does the neck feel the same as, say, an SL2H?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

I'm almost certain the warrior has the speed neck profile, which is thinner than the soloist.

Comment

I too am feelin the Warrior itch, but I may just buy a Jackson Stars model to try and save a few hundred bucks.

Comment

Modern era Warriors have a slightly thinner neck than the modern day Soloists. Go back to the early 90's and they are identical in profile, except the Warrior was short scale.
        "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
        Gotta get away from here.
        Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
        Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I own a USA Warrior and recently owned a SL-1.
          The Warrior neck is thinner than the Soloist and feels noticeably different, but after playing both for a while, your hands can adapt pretty quickly to play both comfortably when switching from one neck to the other.......... at least in my experience!

Comment

Thanks, guys. I think the reason I love the new SL2H so much is because it has a thick neck, similar to my old Kramer (which I still have). I guess the Warrior is out, then.

Comment

See, I thought only the King V had the Speed Neck.I don`t like the speed neck Hmmmm................. Jack.

Comment

But Jack, the King V has those narrow/skinny frets, you sure it's not that that makes you say that?
                "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                Gotta get away from here.
                Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                  But Jack, the King V has those narrow/skinny frets, you sure it's not that that makes you say that?
                  That's true. The KV2 has standard frets, but the Jackson website lists them as being jumbos (or it used to).

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750 View Post
                    True, I don`t like the tall/skinny frets, but I had a Jackson with Jumbos and the speed neck and syill didn`t care for it I like the current Soloist necks alot Jack.

Comment

Working...
                    X